Staff Cuts Hurting Client and Corporate Mission

Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at CACI International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay Check, Keep Security Clearance

Cons

Lack of corporate focus, disconnection between management and employes, massive company layoffs with no clear plan regarding growing business and maintaining client satisfaction.,

Advice to Management

CACI used to be a recognized leader in providing skilled and competent analysts to meet client needs. However, a focus on quarterly numbers has led to a gutted workforce and management that is now unable to sustain current and win new business.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

It's a job

Current Contractor - Production Clerk/Document Management Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at CACI International as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I feel like the health insurance and dental benefits were pretty good. I was able to select a really low-cost health insurance plan that fit my limited needs and then also a really comprehensive dental plan, that still was not very expensive, and fit my needs there. Pay was low to start, but I was able to get an increase (granted, those are tough to come by) which put me above market.

Cons

Working on the client site, you get very limited vacation time. There's 13 days leave a year, but nothing additional for sick days, snow days, or days like Black Friday or Christmas Eve that are really holidays but you don't get off. You're a temp for the first 90 days (or more) with no benefits and no vacation time accumulation. You only start off with one day of leave and you accumulate 1/2 a day per period, but somehow it runs 2 weeks behind. So it takes a really long time to accumulate a sizable amount of leave, especially with sick days/snow days eating into it. Management really does not value employees much, it's more like literally being a line of a balance sheet, and can be draconian. Not much room for advancement, really.

Specialist

Current Employee - Contract Specialist
    Current Employee - Contract Specialist

I have been working at CACI International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really nice, caring managers, when you can get one of your own. The good employees are really really good. Good salary, in theory.

Cons

They are cutting a lot of corners. They forced me to use my vacation several times when I didn't want to, leaving me short for my planned time off. They have people working jobs they can't do in order to fill a spot. Losing time due to helping them with billing. Have very little control over subcontracting situations. People were getting overworked or lied to about the stability of their jobs. No bench. Not easy to move around from team to team. Not a big variety of work.

Advice to Management

Realize that it's unethical to force me to use my time off. If you fail to keep me engaged, it's your fault, not mine.