Not a bad place to work

Former Employee - Intelligence Analyst
Former Employee - Intelligence Analyst

I worked at CACI International

Pros

Good pay and opportunities to work overseas were important, although I felt that my leadership at times was more concerned about getting new work than taking care of its current employees.

Cons

I really liked my initial managers, but felt that those above them were more concerned with dollars than with people.

Advice to Management

Remember that the people in the field are important and that they are more than just dollar signs.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

No get up and go.

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at CACI International

Pros

Great technology, market leading, Primarily Government Clients. On the whole most staff want to do a good job and do.

Cons

No quality control of hiring staff. No training provided, its a sink or swim culture. Teams repeatedly make the same mistakes which can be frustrating.

Advice to Management

Management by numbers is not management at all. Engaging people is not difficult. The key is to hire smart people and keep them motivated. Filling seats is not enough. A career progression would be useful too.

CACI has a lot of talk about change and improvement, but the reality is all about the bottom line.

I have been working at CACI International

Pros

Projects are independent, and there is very little micromanagement. Thus, work life depends mainly on how well the team mates cooperate with each other. This can lead to a very flexible/fun/creative work environment or vice versa within the project team.

Cons

Although CACI has undergone a lot of re-organization and has implemented a lot of programs to improve the company, business strategy, communications and sense of community, none of that matters to the worker when perception does not meet reality especially Employee First. Each year, budget numbers and spending becomes severely restrictive leading to practically no training, no conferences, no team building (except for free events) and lower performance reviews/rewards.

Advice to Management

The economy is improving, and people are more willing to jump ship