Good working enviroment

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Norfolk, VA
Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at CACI International

Pros

This is based on the project that I'm on -- Flexible Schedules, Great training, Project level managment is good, Oppurtunity for advancement is possible in this company.

Cons

The only con that I have is that majority of jobs are based on contracts. But CACI does try to find you something else when that contract is over or gov't funding has exhausted. Most companies just give you the boot.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I liked it!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I worked at CACI International

Pros

CACI is one of the better places I've worked. I left because I was getting "in a rut" with the project I was on, but looking back, I wished I'd tried for positions on other projects instead of leaving the company.

With the way it's structured, with independent projects, different people there can have very different experiences. Mine was very positive - I liked my managers and my coworkers, felt well trained, was well supported by management without being micro-managed, flexible work schedule, good benefits, fair annual reviews and pay increases. Just a professional, well-run place.

Cons

At least in my time there, I thought they would sometimes "cut corners" in regards to hiring salaries -- so you often ended up with a grab bag of talents. It worked out well for me as they were willing to hire me with practically no experience - I was able to break into my tech career and was willing to take the lower pay to get my foot in the door. But they really got me for a bargain price, and sometimes you really do get what you pay for in terms of expertise and talent.

Advice to Management

For the most part, I'd say keep doing what you've been doing. I do think there was a need to have salaries be more current/competitive, but I don't really know what other folks were making - maybe it was just my salary that was low!

I do not recommend working here. I only stayed 4 months.

Former Employee - Subcontract Administrative in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Subcontract Administrative in Chantilly, VA

I worked at CACI International

Pros

There are lots of online trainings and sharing of knowledge within CACI.

Cons

The procurement department is going through not only high turnover, but also quite a few audits. Employees and management tend to loose sight of documentation the belongs in all files regardless if it is in an audit pool or not. This environment is not only stressful, but also negative due to the low morale.

Advice to Management

Ethics and integrity is a trait that must flow from upper management down. If management leads by example then employees will follow. As a result audits will not be a problem.