CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading)

www.caeonline.com
  www.caeonline.com
There are newer employer reviews for CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading)

Good Opportunity for Sales Self Starters

Former Employee - Capital Asset Trader in Redwood City, CA
Former Employee - Capital Asset Trader in Redwood City, CA

I worked at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I was downsized out of a marketing position in high tech and being about mid-point in my career, thought it might be worthwhile to expand my search to include sales. Since marketing and sales tend to work closely together, I thought it might be doable to migrate over to a full time sales position. The guys at CAE gave me every opportunity to succeed, with training and clear objectives. But it was pretty clear I’m just not cut out for sales and I wasn’t meeting their sales numbers. We left on good terms. No harm. No foul. The short stint at CAE convinced me to stay focused on a marketing career. However, I did learn some valuable information about how sales really works and that is an added benefit as I move forward in marketing.

Cons

CAE is a one man for himself kind of place. If you are thinking of a retraining type move, this is not the place for you since there is really no ramp up time. They expect results from you asap.

The management has great drive and imparting this ‘can-do’ attitude to new employees is a must. Since they expect you to be a self-starter, providing as much education and information as possible will further ensure newbies will succeed.

61 Other Employee Reviews for CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) (View Most Recent)

Fast Moving Company and Very Performance Driven. Not for Weaklings!

Current Employee - Trader in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Trader in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

No one would argue capital equipment sales has been a male dominated environment. So I was a little hesitant about taking a job with a company specializing in trading this type of equipment. Granted, my confidence level is always high but I was skeptical. Would I be dealing with a lot of annoying macho stuff? After working at CAE for a while I can say, yes, there is definitely some of that, but it is very much an equal opportunity environment. If you’re a confident, driven to succeed type, which I am, you can get rewards in terms of compensation and advancement.

I really like the gym which has absolutely everything you’d want to exercise. Hey, I might not be able to bench press as much weight as the guys but I can hold my own with those sales numbers!!!!

Cons

Yes, it is a high pressure environment, but seriously, what would you expect when you’re dealing with multi-million dollar deals? It’s not necessarily a warm fuzzy environment but I’ve found it works if you meet your goals.

Continue to provide some perks like the gym since it helps provide balance and prevent burnout. Foster promotion for those who demonstrate steady performance at a high level.

Don't leave a real career for this place!!

Former Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Redwood City, CA

Pros

Learn the grass isn't always greener on the other side. You next job will be better. Extensive experience learning to work with inept and abusive top management.

Cons

CEO always meeting with lawyers about filing a suit against a former employee or customer. Otherwise meeting with lawyers about a class action suit filed by former employees or customers. CEO is verbally abusive and threatens employees with their job once hired on. Makes current employees write good reviews on Glassdoor or risk punishment. Corporate values and simple common decency are out the door at this place.

Get counseling

There are newer employer reviews for CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading)