CAE

www.cae.com

Amazing technology and global presence and opportunity, but Management ensures shareholders are happy at any cost

Aircraft Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsThe company is a world leader in flight simulation, and the technology is incredible, global, and literally jet set. If you have any interest in aviation and technology, you'll love this place. If you're a wannabe pilot, you'll really love this place.

ConsI was one of the wave of 700 people layed off in bulk back in 2009. This was immediately following their hiring drive. Finished a few projects, and we all soon got our notices. Yes the economic climate was bad, but they hired so many only to let them go so soon, and then the CEO and upper management received multimillion dollar bonuses...how twisted.
Also, the pro-French-only culture if you work in Montreal gets annoying.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management only: make shareholders happy but not at the expense of employees who are treated like disposable tools. As the industry leader, you should set the highest standards and make your people love your company.

So far so good

IT/IS (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at CAE full-time

Pros: Good projects, like it so far Cons: Big Box sometimes slow processes More

Neutral

Integration Specialist (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at CAE full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: for the first job - OK Cons: huge pressure with continuous resources missing Advice to Senior Management: missing long term vision No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on CAE.

Worked for CAE? Contribute to the Community!