There are newer employer reviews for CAE

Good place for a new graduate, willing to learn and put in tons of hours,

Former Employee - Aircraft Systems Engineer in Montreal, QC (Canada)
Former Employee - Aircraft Systems Engineer in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at CAE full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

you are not stuck in one responsibility. Chance to learn new areas of responsibilities and technologies.

Cons

low pay, but they make you make it up in overtime.

137 Other Employee Reviews for CAE (View Most Recent)

Bad experience, but I needed the pay check

Former Employee - Systems Software Specialist in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Systems Software Specialist in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at CAE full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay check.
    Travel (if you're selected or suck up to the right person)
    Some easy posiitons like Test Engineer. Unfortunately, I was not one of them.

Cons

I was employed with the company for 3.5 years, relocated to Montreal from outside the province.

In those 3.5 years, I can say the only good thing that came from that time and effort was the compensation.

Most of the people working there are nasty. Backstabbing based on your origin, ethnicity or abilities is very common. The group leaders are completely useless, providing no training or any kind of leadership despite the title, they seem to have a practised deflection technique when you ask for help. Engineering managers do not care about either the product or problems attached. The only time I heard from one was when a problem (read: hurting the budget) was dumped on me. And then it was only to put pressure to resolve the issue, not help. The guy who dumped it on me was getting rid of it because he was feeling that pressure previously. This type of scenario is very common, leading to fighting/stress among staff.

As long as simulators are sold, I doubt the above issues will be fixed. I recommend to anyone hard working and competent who is considering joining the workforce to do so only if you require the pay check. This is not a place for a long term career.

Challenging Work but pay less

I have been working at CAE

Pros

Love their product and work.Lots of challenges. Lots of experienced people willing to teach.

Cons

The management is bad. Pays hardly any money to the engineers whereas the managers bag all the money. French is a big factor too. Not recommended if french is not your first language.

There are newer employer reviews for CAE