CAL POLY

www.calpoly.edu

Corrupt and a textbook example of State employees

Budget Analyst (Former Employee) San Luis Obispo, CA

ProsCampus is a positive environment. Working at a university can be like its own community and can be a very nice place to work. This university was that way years ago.

ConsThe evolution of poor management, marked lack of ethics on the part of management and individuals promoting to positions beyond their abilities has has created a very negitive and toxic work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart hiring off campus people for upper management positions. Individuals that started at the universty as a file clerk have no business in personnel management just because they have worked at the university for 10 years. If they have not been availing themselves of the educational benefits of the university, they are still just qualified as a file clerk. Hmmmm.

The Happiest Place...

Administrative Support Coordinator I (Current Employee) San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at CAL POLY full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Living on the California Central Coast with ideal climates, and… Cons: Due to our states failing economy, the staff at Cal Poly have not received a cost of living raise in… Advice to Senior Management: Stay out of the academic politics. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Excellent education if you know what you want to do.

Student (Current Employee) San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at CAL POLY full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Fantastic Engineering programs, Great location, Great teachers Cons: Very Agriculture-centered, lots of trucks and cowboys (which may not… Advice to Senior Management: Not much you can do, but hope California stops being… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on CAL POLY.

Worked for CAL POLY? Contribute to the Community!