CALIBRE Systems

There are newer employer reviews for CALIBRE Systems

The Best Contracting Company I Know Of

Current Employee - Program Analyst in Huntsville, AL
Current Employee - Program Analyst in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at CALIBRE Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Higher average salary than competing government contracting companies.
- Overall good benefits package (health insurance declined slightly, but they did their best to compensate for it by increasing other benefits)
- Excellent training benefits

Cons

- The company can be somewhat corporate-centric; meaning that there is rarely opportunity for advancement outside of the corporate office (though this has little impact on my career as I've got no desire to be a Vice President)
-Unless you work at the corporate office, the work culture is controlled by your customer which means you don't have the flexibility of negotiating work circumstances as you would in commercial companies (Note: This is true of nearly all government contracting companies, but it is still a negative mark in my book, even though it is outside of CALIBRE's control)

32 Other Employee Reviews for CALIBRE Systems (View Most Recent)

Very employee friendly

Former Employee - Senior Programmer in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Programmer in Alexandria, VA

I worked at CALIBRE Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is very employee-orientated with a great ESOP and other benefits. Flex schedules and the ability to work offsite when needed was great.

Cons

Adopting change was often difficult. Complacently was sometimes tolerated. Getting approval for training was nearly impossible.

Great people doing good work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I worked at CALIBRE Systems full-time

Pros

Smart people, employee-owned firm, proficient in its niche with federal contracting, excellent focus on customer service, opportunities to grow and, to a lesser extent, develop professionally

Cons

Too-tied to federal contracts within Army, thanks to many in senior leadership being ex-Army or Army civilian employees. A little too risk-averse in some areas of business development, in that not clear on what skills should invest in to win new work. Strategy seems largely reactive.

Clearly delineate whether company is management consulting company or provider of staff augmentation on various contracts, as it is nearly impossible to do both well at the same time for the same customer.

There are newer employer reviews for CALIBRE Systems