CARFAX

There are newer employer reviews for CARFAX

CARFAX optimized for Developer Happiness

Current Employee - Software Developer  in  Columbia, MO
Current Employee - Software Developer in Columbia, MO

I have been working at CARFAX full-time for less than a year

Pros

CARFAX operates with an Agile software process. Small software teams work through weekly iterations utilizing a git and CI oriented workflow. Testing and Pair programming are the foundation for good design decisions, minimizing technical debt and creating a sustainable pace of development.

Cons

With all the perks and optimizations for developer happiness, it is easy to regret jobs held prior to this one. About 90% of the companies developers are based out of Columbia, MO so if you wanted to remote in or move about the country, this isn't the company for you.

CARFAX Response

Jul 29, 2014Communications Director

WOW. We're really glad to hear you think we're optimized for developer happiness. We're really committed to making sure that CARFAX works for those who work here. You're helping millions of people ... More

63 Other Employee Reviews for CARFAX (View Most Recent)

Meh

I worked at CARFAX full-time

Pros

there is free lunch on Fridays

Cons

Management and HR are absolutely terrible and incompetent.

Take a long hard look at your senior management team. Senior management seems to be filled with a bunch of yes men.

Not your average company.

Current Employee - Software Developer  in  Columbia, MO
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Columbia, MO

I have been working at CARFAX full-time

Pros

The culture and people are amazing. The job itself can be fun, challenging, and rewarding, but there are times when it can also be a bit dull.

Cons

Every team is different (can also be a pro), Flat organization structure means raises, promotions, etc aren't something you can just go in and ask for. However, to curb this, theres an annual raise that is pretty reasonable.

Allow people to move into different roles easier. An Agile coach is supposed to be dedicated to their team, and it seems that many coaches at CARFAX are spread too thin. In addition, when they have management pressure on-top of their coaching requirements, they can feel pressured to do what management wants instead of what a coach's job is to actually do.

CARFAX Response

Jul 29, 2014Communications Director

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. We heard you. CARFAX is a very flat organization, and we think that makes us faster and more entrepreneurial. To your point, though, we don't have ... More

There are newer employer reviews for CARFAX

Worked for CARFAX? Contribute to the Community!