There are newer employer reviews for CB&I

Stable company with Plenty of job opportunities

Current Employee - Process Engineer in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Process Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at CB&I full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stable job history with growth in the emerginge ethylene/LNG markets. OK benefits and holiday pay.

Cons

Low pay and slow to do reviews

Other Employee Reviews for CB&I

I have enjoyed my 10+ years at CB&I and advanced my career.

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Tyler, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Tyler, TX

I have been working at CB&I full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Multi-facteted company with many opportunities Annual company contribution to employee 401-k at all levels Competitive pay and benefits Well managed overall at the executive level with just a few exceptions Many hidden benefits such as personal cell phone discounts and cheap MS Office for home computer

Cons

Very bureaucratic and unflexible regarding company procedures Tries to implement a "one size fits all" concept to standardize all offices worldwide Poor bonus policy below executive level for above average project performance Difficult to negotiate pay or benefits after hiring on. Make your best deal when hiring on. You're pretty much locked in afterward, even with exceptional performance reviews.

Advice to Management

Implement a defined bonus structure to reward exceptional performance at all project levels Allow more flexibility to standard company procedures. There can still be a coherent structure to all company locations without the rigidity. Executives should hold more townhall sessions at each location to appear more transparent and less aloof. Offer or be open to improve benefits in addition to salary increases. I know someone who left because the company refused to consider one extra week of vacation.

2. good culture but some reorganization after merge

I have been working at CB&I full-time

Pros

good benifits, good culture, encouraging environment

Cons

There are some reorganization after merge. Maybe some positions are not stable.