CB&I

There are newer employer reviews for CB&I

Relocation of Lummus Tech to Woodlands September 2014

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at CB&I

Pros

Decent benefits package, most office supplies & coffee provided, exceptional service in booking travel arrangements with a company dedicated AmEx travel service. Responsive Facilities staff

Cons

The recently announced office relocation from the Houston Galleria office to The Woodlands poses a significant hardship to the majority of those "invited" to either move to or drive the 40 miles to the new Woodlands office, resulting in the majority leaving the company to avoid the move.

This significant reduction in seasoned, quality technical knowledge will result in a hard blow to the company's anticipated revenue for years to come, because the "COMPANY" hasn't planned well enough in advance to anticipate the loss of those who will be leaving within the next several years due to retirement, and now with the relocation, those who are not willing to relocate. The technical expertise cannot be replaced with new hires who can just step into those positions and it is unrealistic for the "COMPANY" to expect that bringing in 50% or more new hires will be able to manage the current workload. Because the "COMPANY" has chosen to make this fiscally poor decision, it will result in sub-par deliverables to the client & CB&'s reputation will suffer in this competitive industry.

198 Other Employee Reviews for CB&I (View Most Recent)

CB&I has decimated the former Shaw E & I, Inc.

I worked at CB&I

Pros

There are no pros for this company

Cons

Everything is a con where this company is concerned

The work and projects are challeging, engaging and exciting however the company culture does not favor the people

I have been working at CB&I full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Challenging Work, Competitive Compensation, Stable Funded Projects

Cons

Harsh Policies that are not Conducive to workers with families

Invest in and support professional development programs. Investing in your workforce will always pay dividends in improved productivity and avoidance of costly project issues.

There are newer employer reviews for CB&I