CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)
www.cbc.ca Ottawa, Canada 5000+ Employees

Architect and Strategy

Architect (Current Employee)
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)

ProsI love my job at the Corp. I've been given the opportunity to work in many areas... My experience has been great here at CBC.

ConsLittle opportunity for advancement. Prefer to higher from outside than promote talent from within. Decision making gridlock at the management levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are many good people in the organization, but few of them are at the director level or above. Many of those brought in from outside have little understanding of the corporation's history or culture, and would rather force the organization to suit them than adjust themselves to fit the organization. It seems the higher you go up the ladder, the more insecurity and micromanaging you encounter. Ultimately, your input and ideas and insights are not wanted--the vision and values and strategies are all formed at the very top (or offsite) without any employee participation, and even the most well paid and talented people simply follow their orders, or else.

Safe place to work. great benefits plus pension

Software Developer (Former Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)

Pros: Stay if one decides to retire from there. Cons: Flexible working hours, VPN access (to be able to work… Advice to Senior Management: Invest some bucks to get commerical software and good support. More

CBC needs a quick in the pants- they might get it with the new president!

Director of Content (Current Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)

Pros: If "public service" has an attraction. In theory Job security is an asset. The potential excitement of… Cons: under the gun from the federal government constantly. Very insecure funding. Leadership and upper management seems to be almost invisible. Silos along linguistic and other… Advice to Senior Management: continue to look outside to renew the corporate culture. Change the reward paradigm. Success should not be "overachieving" an end result that was vastly undershot… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation).

Worked for CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) CEO Hubert T. Lacroix. All reviews posted anonymously by CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) employees.