There are newer employer reviews for CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)

Pockets of sanity and satisfaction

Current Employee - Executive Producer  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Executive Producer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)

Pros

- good benefits
- range of opportunities available (if you pursue them hard yourself)

Cons

- continual management changes mean wholesale changes every 5 years or so
- constant budget problems

reward your employees, and listen to them. don't make enormous changes just because focus groups tell you to.

46 Other Employee Reviews for CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) (View Most Recent)

Mostly good.

I have been working at CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)

Pros

There is never a dull day at CBC; lots of opportunity to learn and grow.

Cons

Extraordinarily political, to the point where it feels like the way you do your job may be less important than how well you manage "up".

Need to encourage mid level manegement to take risks without fear of reprisal.

Architect and Strategy

Current Employee - Architect  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Architect in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)

Pros

I love my job at the Corp. I've been given the opportunity to work in many areas... My experience has been great here at CBC.

Cons

Little opportunity for advancement. Prefer to higher from outside than promote talent from within. Decision making gridlock at the management levels.

There are many good people in the organization, but few of them are at the director level or above. Many of those brought in from outside have little understanding of the corporation's history or culture, and would rather force the organization to suit them than adjust themselves to fit the organization. It seems the higher you go up the ladder, the more insecurity and micromanaging you encounter. Ultimately, your input and ideas and insights are not wanted--the vision and values and strategies are all formed at the very top (or offsite) without any employee participation, and even the most well paid and talented people simply follow their orders, or else.

There are newer employer reviews for CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)

Worked for CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)? Contribute to the Community!