There are newer employer reviews for CBIZ MHM

Working at CBIZ is challenging and I am learning something new practically everyday.

I have been working at CBIZ MHM

Pros

CBIZ is an organization made up of professionals, several with advanced degrees. Increasing employees' knowledge through professional certifications is encouraged at CBIZ; there are always learning opportunities at CBIZ.

Cons

Working for CBIZ is like working for multiple companies, some with conflicting interests, some even in direct competition with each other. CBIZ could do a better job focusing and coming together as one organization.

Take a hard look at what you are trying to accomplish and more importantly, how you are trying to accomplish it. Consider hiring a consultant from outside the organization.

reviews filtered by
  1. For My Career its Great

I have been working at CBIZ MHM

Pros

The marketing department is thin so there is a great path for me to advance. There is also always lots to do in terms of marketing.

Cons

The people sometimes dont believe in traditional marketing techniques and just want to sell on their own which can make my job difficult

Catch up with other large accounting firms marketing efforts. They are behind other companies and are missing out on a lot of marketing opportunities.

2. Great experience overall.

Former Employee - Audit Senior Associate in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Audit Senior Associate in San Diego, CA

I worked at CBIZ MHM full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great way to enter out of college to get public accounting experience. Colleagues really care about your career and will do anything to help you succeed. Working there for 2 years, you will get more experience than a 2 year at a big 4 firm since you will hit more areas of the balance sheet / income statement.

Cons

Sometimes I didn't agree with the way clients were brought on. Some of them were not nice to the auditors / tax people and would snap at them. But the partner would still keep them as a client, which I think hurt morale.

Rate clients from a 5 to a 1 scale and get rid of the 1's, no matter what the fee is. It'll help employee morale and probably cut down on employee turnover.

There are newer employer reviews for CBIZ MHM