There are newer employer reviews for CBIZ

Much ado about nothing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at CBIZ as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Casual atmosphere, approachable management. Everyone is generally willing to make small talk, regardless of level, except Partners (or rather MD's). TV in the breakroom (news). Car rides home during crunch seasons (provided you stay past nine)/ free dinner too (provided you stay past six). Potential to learn a lot, provided you push for it. Encouraged to take on work, but not so easily rewarded afterwards. Massages (on Saturdays).

Cons

Typical office he-said he-said sideways blame. Any work not performed correctly is blamed on someone else, usually the person(s) below you. Managers and above are generally angry and rude, not very helpful when it comes to actual work questions. Not alot of interest in keeping things interesting for employees. Not much work-life balance. Hours seem excessive even though not a Big 4, though the personalities seem to act like it is a Big 4. Expect to work Saturdays and possibly Sundays around crunch time. No real commitment towards good work, just getting the work done to meet deadlines. Career track from intern to hire can be long. Career track after that can be just as long, if not longer. High turnover, throughout-except for Partners, MDs. Not very diverse environment, with certain 'types' fast-tracked with promotion/work opportunities, and a large pool of 'diverse' female workers filling the 'inclusiveness' quota so they don't appear to be discriminatory.

Leave.

40 Other Employee Reviews for CBIZ (View Most Recent)

Project/Account Manager

Former Employee - Project/Account Manager  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Project/Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at CBIZ full-time for more than a year

Pros

I can not really think of very many pro's to working for this company. I guess it would have to be that they offered free cokes, tea and coffee all day, every day.

Cons

Wow, where do I start? Bad management, no experience, no training, they just expected you to read their minds on what they wanted and how they wanted it done. When I asked for additional training, I was given a book to read, which did not cover the job description at all. Co-workers did not offer any help either. I was told to ask, but when I did, there was no help given.

Go to school and take some management courses. The two I worked for had no business being in their positions.

Ok. Just ok.

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at CBIZ full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good group of local folks. Good ethical practices.

Cons

Don't keep up with the times (or area) for compensation, work/life balance, and general corporate direction. Overly concerned with the profit/loss statements and budgets, so as to be short sighted about smart business decisions.

Stop worrying about your shareholders and worry more about your employees and clients. Retaining clients with happy employees is cheaper than constantly getting new clients...and employees!

There are newer employer reviews for CBIZ

Worked for CBIZ? Contribute to the Community!