CBIZ
www.cbiz.com Independence, OH 5000+ Employees

Much ado about nothing

(Former Employee)
New York, NY

ProsCasual atmosphere, approachable management. Everyone is generally willing to make small talk, regardless of level, except Partners (or rather MD's). TV in the breakroom (news). Car rides home during crunch seasons (provided you stay past nine)/ free dinner too (provided you stay past six). Potential to learn a lot, provided you push for it. Encouraged to take on work, but not so easily rewarded afterwards. Massages (on Saturdays).

ConsTypical office he-said he-said sideways blame. Any work not performed correctly is blamed on someone else, usually the person(s) below you. Managers and above are generally angry and rude, not very helpful when it comes to actual work questions. Not alot of interest in keeping things interesting for employees. Not much work-life balance. Hours seem excessive even though not a Big 4, though the personalities seem to act like it is a Big 4. Expect to work Saturdays and possibly Sundays around crunch time. No real commitment towards good work, just getting the work done to meet deadlines. Career track from intern to hire can be long. Career track after that can be just as long, if not longer. High turnover, throughout-except for Partners, MDs. Not very diverse environment, with certain 'types' fast-tracked with promotion/work opportunities, and a large pool of 'diverse' female workers filling the 'inclusiveness' quota so they don't appear to be discriminatory.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeave.

Project/Account Manager

Project/Account Manager (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

I worked at CBIZ full-time for more than a year

Pros: I can not really think of very many pro's to working for this company. I guess… Cons: Wow, where do I start? Bad management, no experience, no training, they just expected you to read their minds on what they wanted and how… Advice to Senior Management: Go to school and take some management courses. The two… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Ok. Just ok.

Account Manager (Former Employee)
    San Jose, CA

I worked at CBIZ full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good group of local folks. Good ethical practices. Cons: Don't keep up with the times (or area) for compensation, work/life balance, and general corporate direction. … Advice to Senior Management: Stop worrying about your shareholders and worry more about your employees and clients.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on CBIZ.

Worked for CBIZ? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CBIZ reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CBIZ CEO Steven L. Gerard. All reviews posted anonymously by CBIZ employees.