There are newer employer reviews for CBIZ

Started out fine with enough promise but quickly realized management is incompetent.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at CBIZ

Pros

Decent national resources.
Variety in customer base.

Cons

Unacceptable branding - no one knows who CBIZ is (despite supposed #8 ranking), so no one knows what you've done when interviewing for your next job when you want out.
Benefits are sub-par to bad - especially when CBIZ is a 'benefits specialist.' Pathetic.
Growth potential - non-existent. Their offices are hemorrhaging clients and staff. Losing clients to much smaller accounting firms and NOT picking up any big 4 or gt work. They can't even hold onto small nonprofits. Practice Leader, Sr Mgrs, Mgrs, Seniors, and Staff all leaving in droves.
The structure doesn't make sense for an attest firm - wonder why they are practically the only company with an alternative practice structure?
Only growth is happening from them buying firms across the nation - then when those firms don't work out, they just fire everybody. I can't even count how many different accounting firms in FL that have been bought and dissolved.

42 Other Employee Reviews for CBIZ (View Most Recent)

Not Recommened at All

Former Employee - Software Developer  in  Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Carrollton, TX

I worked at CBIZ

Pros

OK Salary and Benefits but lots of work

Cons

No Future, No Promotions, No appreciations of Work

They should evaluate more efficiently that what employees are more valuable

CBIZ Payroll a Great place to work

Current Employee - Flex Spending Account Representative  in  Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Flex Spending Account Representative in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at CBIZ

Pros

Great atmosphere, laid back, allowed you to complete your work and gave individual freedom. People were very friendly and helpful towards new employees.

Cons

smaller company, not much room for advancedment, small senior staff most of whom who had been there for 10+ years

CBIZ was an excellent place to work and I really enjoyed my time there. We had however just taken over a new company so the transition was a little shakey and like I said the senior management staff is small, so many of them had been there since the company started, but that leads little room for advancement

There are newer employer reviews for CBIZ

Worked for CBIZ? Contribute to the Community!