CBL & Associates Properties

www.cblproperties.com
  www.cblproperties.com
There are newer employer reviews for CBL & Associates Properties

Lack of growth, recognition, and respect for employees other than upper management

I have been working at CBL & Associates Properties

Pros

Good direct team members, numerous responsibilities forces you to learn and grow individually

Cons

Large, publicly traded corporation still run by a small family and few decision makers. Top-down culture, very slow dinosaur-like growth & initiatives. Refuse to spend money and compensate employees accordingly.

Show some recognition for your hard-working employees and offer even a small piece of the pie. When the company succeeds, so should your employees. Share the love so people stick around. Talk WITH them not AT them. Avoid scare tactics.

12 Other Employee Reviews for CBL & Associates Properties (View Most Recent)

A Good Group of People Going Nowhere

Current Employee - Marketing Lead in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Marketing Lead in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at CBL & Associates Properties full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good people overall with an upbeat atmosphere. People wanted to to the right ting

Cons

Poor management from above. Very closed for anyone outside the top cliche

Listen to your people.

When it's good, it's all good, but when it's bad-look out!

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant General Manager

I have been working at CBL & Associates Properties full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They are a very family oriented company. They have great relationships within the company. I feel like I have been compensated very generously.

Cons

They focus too much on ROI! They need to extinguish the realtionship with ERMC that is slowly sucking the life out of our properties. Everyone rushes to make everything look pretty when we have a property review when in reality the property has their hands locked and not able to do what it takes to make the property look nice and run smoothly through out the year. Some regionals seldom visit properties and dont offer the help that we need. U feel like you are own your own! They promote people to higher positions that people in the field know of significant wrongs they have made yet go unnoticed. It's like if you click with them, your automatically in! There has been times, us in the field has sat begging for help and would get no emails, no nothing back-we would start working with each other because of no responses, yet this person got promoted?? I've seen too many times, regionals start with a project only for it to get dropped by the waist side!

Review top management and make a change! Their needs to be more input from outsiders instead of the same key ones that does not bring in a freshness or new prospective to what management should be.

There are newer employer reviews for CBL & Associates Properties