Good Pay/Benefits, No Opportunity for Growth

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at CBRE full-time for more than a year

Pros

As an admin assistant in the San Francisco area, the pay was decent, and the benefits were fairly comprehensive. They also provided free commuters checks which were a tremendous help since I was commuting daily from the East Bay.

Cons

Absolutely no room for growth as an admin. We never received a raise for cost-of-living increase, (due to the economy) and it was often feast or famine as far as consistent work. More often than not I had to find things to do to keep myself busy.

Other Reviews for CBRE

Good Company, great place to work with the right boss

Current Employee - Administrative Manager  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at CBRE full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been with CBRE in the Bay Area for a short while, and I have had a great experience with the company, mainly due to my supervisor. He is a great motivator and a great resource for all of the other employees on this account- GCS- Global Corporate Services

Cons

The company is huge so it can be easy to get lost in the shuffle. Many changes in the short time I have been there; it is sometimes like a revolving door. People come and go from the account. Again, if it was not for my supervisor, I may have not lasted this long either.

Work on employee retention. It seems like too many people come and go from this company. Try to work on getting the right people and maybe they will stay for a while.

CB Richard Ellis

Current Employee - Project Finance Coordinator  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Project Finance Coordinator in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CBRE full-time for less than a year

Pros

Professional working Environment with room to advance and grow. Great exposure to the commercial real estate industry as well as investment.

Cons

Long work hours, high performance driven, stress and pressure involve

Be more team oriented, and more empowerment to the employees at the entry level

There are newer employer reviews for CBRE.

Worked for CBRE? Contribute to the Community!