CBRE
www.cbre.com Los Angeles, CA 5000+ Employees

Good company, good benefits, not so great pay

Client Services Coordinator (Current Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at CBRE full-time

ProsThe company doesn't like to let people go, so job security is great as long as you're performing adequately.

Management listens to employees and takes their input seriously.

Good training, both in company and out. Management is willing to adjust/expand job descriptions if employees want to take on something new.

Depending on the teams you work with, hours and scheduling can be extremely flexible.

ConsPay! The company is very tight-fisted and doesn't pay non-commissioned employees what they're worth- even though the company sends out emails about how the company is doing fantastically well each quarter, raises are non-existent or don't even keep up with inflation.

Bureaucracy. There's enough layers of management to be confusing and allow for enough shifting of blame/responsibility that things get lost in the shuffle.

Unless you want to be a broker, there's not much opportunity for career advancement for assistants.

Overly formal/old-fashioned environment (dress code, attitudes of management and brokers, etc.).

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees what they're worth.

Was Good experience for a recent Accounting college grad

Accountant (Former Employee)
Bloomington, MN

I worked at CBRE full-time for more than a year

Pros: -good Accounting experience for a recent college grad, since you get to cover entire Accounting cycle. -co-workers were mostly young professionals so got along with them… Cons: No. 1 Con is PAY!! CBRE took advantage of the weak economy and hired a bunch of college grads with Accounting degrees at less than 40%… Advice to Senior Management: Look at my cons list. I'm just telling the truth and not bashing the company. During my time at CBRE, i could clearly see most… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

One Year

Project Coordinator (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CBRE full-time

Pros: Flexible work schedule and good benefits Cons: Poor upper management. Pay inequality. Glass ceiling for woman Advice to Senior Management: Consistent pay scale. Equal pay for equal work No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on CBRE.

Worked for CBRE? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CBRE reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CBRE CEO Robert E. Sulentic. All reviews posted anonymously by CBRE employees.