CBRE

www.cbre.com
  www.cbre.com
There are newer employer reviews for CBRE

CBRE, but assigned to contract at telecomm company

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Overland Park, KS
Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at CBRE full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Strong player in the global real estate market. Has a strategy for growth that includes multiple disciplines within the real estate sector, such as facilities, project management, critical facilities, along with their traditional brokerage line. CBRE has a strong commitment to training and developing talent from within.

Cons

The contract aspect creates an isolation from many of the benefits you would normally receive. For instance, training is sometimes withheld on global accounts. Although there are opportunities for movement in different markets, the move packages are very weak. Being on an account can isolate talent from the CBRE leadership.

Create more opportunities for talent identification and interaction with those team members on dedicated accounts. Realize the special challenges they face in trying to deal with two corporate structures, and don't create another online tool to replace personal communication. Break down the vertical reporting, so more than one person analyzes high potential candidates. Continue the great programs currently in place, such as foundations training and Q center courses.

564 Other Employee Reviews for CBRE (View Most Recent)

Mutually Beneficial Internship

Current Employee - Intern in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Intern in Seattle, WA

I have been working at CBRE as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

My internship with CBRE had me concentrating on one core project that could be completed within my internship period. That said, I was able to work on secondary projects and to explore other interests within the company. The management was great and cared not just about my work outputs, but also about my career development and success.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about CBRE. As long as there are job opportunities available when my internship closes, I'd be happy to continue working with the company.

Long hours, no recognituion

Former Employee - Senior Property Accountant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Property Accountant in Houston, TX

I worked at CBRE full-time

Pros

It looks good on your resume; however, a lot of employers know about CBRE's reputation. Which them becomes a plus. Potential employers know it is one step above a sweat shop.

Cons

Long hours, terrible management and even more so of their managers, no bonuses or raises unless you are in management. Deadlines changed monthly, therefore, making it very, very difficult to hit the deadline. This then leaves a window open for them to dismiss you with that being the cause. My 3 years there seemed like at least 6.

Look at who supports you and who helped to get you where you are today. Look harder at mid-management level candidates. Some of the ones that I have experience with don't know how to manage their teams, but just know how to play the game. Will throw anyone under them under the bus to save them.

There are newer employer reviews for CBRE