There are newer employer reviews for CBRE

Mutually Beneficial Internship

Current Employee - Intern in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Intern in Seattle, WA

I have been working at CBRE as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

My internship with CBRE had me concentrating on one core project that could be completed within my internship period. That said, I was able to work on secondary projects and to explore other interests within the company. The management was great and cared not just about my work outputs, but also about my career development and success.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about CBRE. As long as there are job opportunities available when my internship closes, I'd be happy to continue working with the company.

530 Other Employee Reviews for CBRE (View Most Recent)

Long hours, no recognituion

Former Employee - Senior Property Accountant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Property Accountant in Houston, TX

I worked at CBRE full-time

Pros

It looks good on your resume; however, a lot of employers know about CBRE's reputation. Which them becomes a plus. Potential employers know it is one step above a sweat shop.

Cons

Long hours, terrible management and even more so of their managers, no bonuses or raises unless you are in management. Deadlines changed monthly, therefore, making it very, very difficult to hit the deadline. This then leaves a window open for them to dismiss you with that being the cause. My 3 years there seemed like at least 6.

Look at who supports you and who helped to get you where you are today. Look harder at mid-management level candidates. Some of the ones that I have experience with don't know how to manage their teams, but just know how to play the game. Will throw anyone under them under the bus to save them.

The experience gained while at CBRE was exceptional.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I worked at CBRE full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The environment was very conducive to gaining experience. The work/life balance was acceptable. Employee were given the opportunity to stand out. The benefits was excellent!

Cons

The culture was a very competitive and the pay was low. The potential for growth was slim. Senior management need a makeover.

Change is good!