CBRE-Chance to Grow

I have been working at CBRE full-time for more than a year

Pros

Upper management is of high caliber and provides the support needed to carry out duties. Wonderful colleagues who are all willing to help one another. High priority to always act in the client's best interest.

Cons

Compensation seems to be slightly below industry standard

Other Reviews for CBRE

CBRE, but assigned to contract at telecomm company

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager  in  Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at CBRE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Strong player in the global real estate market. Has a strategy for growth that includes multiple disciplines within the real estate sector, such as facilities, project management, critical facilities, along with their traditional brokerage line. CBRE has a strong commitment to training and developing talent from within.

Cons

The contract aspect creates an isolation from many of the benefits you would normally receive. For instance, training is sometimes withheld on global accounts. Although there are opportunities for movement in different markets, the move packages are very weak. Being on an account can isolate talent from the CBRE leadership.

Create more opportunities for talent identification and interaction with those team members on dedicated accounts. Realize the special challenges they face in trying to deal with two corporate structures, and don't create another online tool to replace personal communication. Break down the vertical reporting, so more than one person analyzes high potential candidates. Continue the great programs currently in place, such as foundations training and Q center courses.

Mutually Beneficial Internship

Current Employee - Intern  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Intern in Seattle, WA

I have been working at CBRE as an intern for less than a year

Pros

My internship with CBRE had me concentrating on one core project that could be completed within my internship period. That said, I was able to work on secondary projects and to explore other interests within the company. The management was great and cared not just about my work outputs, but also about my career development and success.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about CBRE. As long as there are job opportunities available when my internship closes, I'd be happy to continue working with the company.

There are newer employer reviews for CBRE.

Worked for CBRE? Contribute to the Community!