There are newer employer reviews for CBRE

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Field Technician Support in Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Field Technician Support in Baltimore, MD

I worked at CBRE full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A large company with almost a small company feel! For CBRE to be such a big company, I never felt like it. I never felt like I was just another number or just another face. I worked out of multiple offices there and each one the people were always so nice! Everyone made you feel like you were apart of a family! Like every family, some had their disagreements/drama, but all in all it was great. We uses to get bonuses and have Christmas parties and other office events. Even when the economy hit rock bottom, and we weren't due to get bonuses that year, and I wasn't in the least bit worried about a bonus since that type of stuff was all new to me anyway, some people in the office got together some of their own money to get me a bonus! I was the IT person for their office who was at the time pregnant due soon. One of the girls in my office even coordinated a surprise baby shower for me! The whole office was in on it...they got us everything we needed for the baby and more!!! The office I worked primarily out of could be a little demanding at times...I remember some of the other IT techs teasing me asking me why I was always smiling after working in that office...but they weren't that bad. They just needed what they needed as of yesterday! They had money to make! Either way, good people, good pay, good company!

Cons

I do remember feeling like there wasn't much room for advancement as an IT tech. The only other position above that was a Networking position, and they only had two networking guys for the whole company. One for the east coast, one for the west! Aside from that there were other projects and roles you could get involved with but no other position above FTS to strive for. Though the pay/ benefits were good enough for me not to need a promotion anytime soon anyway! This may have changed by now, since it has been a few years since I worked there.

reviews filtered by
  1. CBRE Provides Commercial Real Estate Solutions Worldwide

I have been working at CBRE

Pros

Clients are well served by dedicated professional, with a wide breathe of talent, that exists across all business lines.

Cons

Inconsistent use of platforms and availability of technology tools across various accounts.

Have management from various business lines participate in the due diligence phase for client RFP responses to ensure the client expectations are aligned with services/staff required.

2. Recruiter

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I worked at CBRE full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice Offices, some of the best people in the industry, solid company

Cons

Silos are hard to break out, pay is not exciting and small increases if any, political. There are so many VPs and Directors and if you want to advance it will be ignored, wit empty promises.

Train your management. They are the biggest reason why you have a high turn-over rate

There are newer employer reviews for CBRE