CBRE

There are newer employer reviews for CBRE

A Brand Destroyed

Current Employee - Broker in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Broker in Orlando, FL

I have been working at CBRE full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Job Flexibility
Large Platform
Many Services for Customers
Plenty of Copy Paper

Cons

Oppressive work environment that motivates with fear-At least in Florida.
Way too many reports and unnecessary paper work. Commission splits are slowly changing and management says its "to pay for all the new training." Dude-That is BS. Pay for the training out of all the money we make you. Besides-that was a year ago and I haven't seen one bit of training except for more pointless meetings that waste our time. The benefits are garbage. We get an email every week which is just the company trying to cover their tails in the event of a law suit, yet they try to make it like it is for our own good. Every year we are on the list of "Best places to work." That just proves that designation is meaningless and whoever puts that out should stop immediately. Management touts that they support brokers, which is just not true. They nickle and time the heck out of us. Which makes us not be able to support our customers. We are forced to say all these things that we are going to do for our clients (which costs money) and then we do not do them.

Sadly CBRE is the Steak and Ale story all over again. They say its about our customers and people, but its not. Its about earnings and paying management bonuses. They say one thing and do the opposite. Brokers that do not need CBRE are leaving for a better culture. In 10 years CBRE will be comprised of employees that cannot get a job anywhere else.

Divest of your stock now. Then quit before the ship sinks and you go down with it. Go work for the Oboma administration as you will fit in very well. In Florida at least, the damage is already too catastrophic to repair. Other markets may or may not be different. Drop the whole "Rise" values because we all know its for show. Contribute your own money to CBRE Cares instead of relying so heavily on the employees dollars to fund what is really a PR campaign. Bigger is not longer better. There are many much smaller companies doing a much better job for their clients and we are losing the battle.

595 Other Employee Reviews for CBRE (View Most Recent)

Great Opportunities

Current Employee - Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CBRE full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great People, benefits, pay, and endless opportunities

Cons

So far not too many..the typical "corporate" scene

Who is managing who? There are so many managers, directors etc. Too many for no reason

Director

Former Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at CBRE full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

CBRE has some of the best people in the industry. Very solid company. Well organised. Generally nice offices and locations. Friendly culture. Great benefits.

Cons

Still has fiefdoms and silos that are hard to break out of or into. Even though it is a large company, mobility within is limited. Pay is not exciting. Very hierarchical and political.

Take more risk, have more fun. Innovate. Embrace technology.

There are newer employer reviews for CBRE