A Brand Destroyed

Current Employee - Broker in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Broker in Orlando, FL

I have been working at CBRE full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Job Flexibility
Large Platform
Many Services for Customers
Plenty of Copy Paper

Cons

Oppressive work environment that motivates with fear-At least in Florida.
Way too many reports and unnecessary paper work. Commission splits are slowly changing and management says its "to pay for all the new training." Dude-That is BS. Pay for the training out of all the money we make you. Besides-that was a year ago and I haven't seen one bit of training except for more pointless meetings that waste our time. The benefits are garbage. We get an email every week which is just the company trying to cover their tails in the event of a law suit, yet they try to make it like it is for our own good. Every year we are on the list of "Best places to work." That just proves that designation is meaningless and whoever puts that out should stop immediately. Management touts that they support brokers, which is just not true. They nickle and time the heck out of us. Which makes us not be able to support our customers. We are forced to say all these things that we are going to do for our clients (which costs money) and then we do not do them.

Sadly CBRE is the Steak and Ale story all over again. They say its about our customers and people, but its not. Its about earnings and paying management bonuses. They say one thing and do the opposite. Brokers that do not need CBRE are leaving for a better culture. In 10 years CBRE will be comprised of employees that cannot get a job anywhere else.

Advice to Management

Divest of your stock now. Then quit before the ship sinks and you go down with it. Go work for the Oboma administration as you will fit in very well. In Florida at least, the damage is already too catastrophic to repair. Other markets may or may not be different. Drop the whole "Rise" values because we all know its for show. Contribute your own money to CBRE Cares instead of relying so heavily on the employees dollars to fund what is really a PR campaign. Bigger is not longer better. There are many much smaller companies doing a much better job for their clients and we are losing the battle.

reviews filtered by
  1. Recruiter

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I worked at CBRE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice Offices, some of the best people in the industry, solid company

Cons

Silos are hard to break out, pay is not exciting and small increases if any, political. There are so many VPs and Directors and if you want to advance it will be ignored, wit empty promises.

Advice to Management

Train your management. They are the biggest reason why you have a high turn-over rate

2. Great Opportunities

Current Employee - Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CBRE full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great People, benefits, pay, and endless opportunities

Cons

So far not too many..the typical "corporate" scene

Advice to Management

Who is managing who? There are so many managers, directors etc. Too many for no reason