There are newer employer reviews for CBRE

Be prepared to work A LOT.

I have been working at CBRE full-time

Pros

Some really nice co-workers. Have learned a lot about client accounting. You can work remotely, but this leads to working around the clock.

Cons

A lot of hours, with no support. Have work nights, weekends to "get the job done", this can get old really quick!

Distribute the workload more fairly. Look around and see what is going on, who is consistently leaving early, who is staying late?

reviews filtered by

Unethical environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at CBRE full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good compensation for some positions.

Cons

Leadership needs to invest more in the employees. Employees have no voice. They are just seen as robots. No positive feedback is provided. Management listens to the field versus their direct reports. Company structure need to be changed. Invest in better technology.

Listen to the employees they know the issues and want to make CBRE better.

A Brand Destroyed

Current Employee - Broker in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Broker in Orlando, FL

I have been working at CBRE full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Job Flexibility
    Large Platform
    Many Services for Customers
    Plenty of Copy Paper

Cons

Oppressive work environment that motivates with fear-At least in Florida.
    Way too many reports and unnecessary paper work. Commission splits are slowly changing and management says its "to pay for all the new training." Dude-That is BS. Pay for the training out of all the money we make you. Besides-that was a year ago and I haven't seen one bit of training except for more pointless meetings that waste our time. The benefits are garbage. We get an email every week which is just the company trying to cover their tails in the event of a law suit, yet they try to make it like it is for our own good. Every year we are on the list of "Best places to work." That just proves that designation is meaningless and whoever puts that out should stop immediately. Management touts that they support brokers, which is just not true. They nickle and time the heck out of us. Which makes us not be able to support our customers. We are forced to say all these things that we are going to do for our clients (which costs money) and then we do not do them.

Sadly CBRE is the Steak and Ale story all over again. They say its about our customers and people, but its not. Its about earnings and paying management bonuses. They say one thing and do the opposite. Brokers that do not need CBRE are leaving for a better culture. In 10 years CBRE will be comprised of employees that cannot get a job anywhere else.

Divest of your stock now. Then quit before the ship sinks and you go down with it. Go work for the Oboma administration as you will fit in very well. In Florida at least, the damage is already too catastrophic to repair. Other markets may or may not be different. Drop the whole "Rise" values because we all know its for show. Contribute your own money to CBRE Cares instead of relying so heavily on the employees dollars to fund what is really a PR campaign. Bigger is not longer better. There are many much smaller companies doing a much better job for their clients and we are losing the battle.

There are newer employer reviews for CBRE