There are newer employer reviews for CBS Corp

Good tax internship program

Current Employee - Tax Intern  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Tax Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at CBS Corp as an intern for more than a year

Pros

The tax internship program is strong in that it allows interns to see a very broad view of tax. Interns are expected to prepare returns, extensions, and estimates.

Cons

The pay is low relative to some other internship programs out there. The workload is heavy from an intern's perspective.

52 Other Employee Reviews for CBS Corp (View Most Recent)

Work Culture Needs Improvement

Former Employee - Communications Manager  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Communications Manager in New York, NY

I worked at CBS Corp full-time

Pros

You get an office.

You get autonomy.

If you accept the status quo, you get great health insurance benefits (except cancer care coverage), and a steady paycheck.

Attention to detail is the hallmark of the work product at this network. It is rigorous and often awesome.

Many people are passionate about the work they are working on.

On occasion, you do get to meet the network talent. The occasional photo with your favorite network celeb is possible.

Cons

The corporate structure still works under a philosophy of hierarchy where good ideas cannot possibly come from management or worker bees.

Very little collaboration. Lots of secrecy.

Yelling happens.

Do not dine at your boss's favorite restaurant at lunchtime or dinner. "There is a pecking order." Actual quote from the C-Suite.

Be willing to fit the frat boy / sorority girl mold (have a mirror in front of your desk for bonus points -- bring your eyebrow technician to your desk every other week for more bonus points).

Advancement happens if you have connections; this company prefers family connections. Think: Your uncle is the founder of some type of media or was famous in sportscasting. You will be promoted and often.

No employee performance review. You provide excellent service for years, work late until 2 - 3 a.m., and give up your weekends, are promised a raise. Do not expect documented reviews. Ever.

Do not assume your employees are idiots. They aren't. They want to collaborate with you, be listened to, and they, too, are your brand ambassadors.

Encourage software literacy and employee development.

I enjoyed my time with the company

I worked at CBS Corp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked with great people, a very comfortable work environment and great talent. Oh did I forget to mention FREE coffee.

Cons

A lot of Management shifts. Demands a lot of everyone.

I have no advice to share

There are newer employer reviews for CBS Corp

Worked for CBS Corp? Contribute to the Community!