There are newer employer reviews for CBS Corp

Good Company to start a career

Current Employee - Tax Analyst in New York, NY
Current Employee - Tax Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at CBS Corp full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

$0.70 401 k match, paid sick, vacation, flexible time, excellent staff and senior management, large company

Cons

no growth, low possibility of promotion due to low staff turnover, can do the same job over and over again, no rotation

reviews filtered by

Overall good company

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Studio City, CA
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Studio City, CA

I worked at CBS Corp full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits. Nice people. Stability. Yearly (minimal) raise.

Cons

Unless you plan on being an assistant for a VERY long time, it's a dead end job. No real performance reviews. No room for growth. Many departments are structured with assistants and executives, which makes it hard for assistants to move up within the company.

Restructure departments so that employees who enter the company as assistants and want to move up within the company can.

Good company, good experience

I worked at CBS Corp full-time

Pros

CBS is a very dynamic company to work for and one that I enjoyed working for as a whole. I was fortunate enough to spend time with senior management, who I thought were excellent. In addition, my supervisor was great, and my colleagues and I all got along very well.

Cons

There are certainly plenty of individuals within the company that do not believe in change, nor do they even want to hear about it. Getting things finished is very challenging and takes a very long time.

People are not neccesarily aligned to do what is best for the company, more or less what is best for their department or their Division. I think some changes in goal setting and alignment could go a long way.

There are newer employer reviews for CBS Corp