Not a bad place to work

Current Employee - Online News Producer in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Online News Producer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at CBS Corp

Pros

The pay is very good for people starting out, although I have coworkers who would disagree. TV and entertainment are industries that are here to stay, so you won't be in too much danger of being laid off -- unless you make too much or are a per diem employee. Where I work, there are quite a few perks and freebies, but those have dropped in the past few years. My supervisors have for the most part been very accomodating of my requests, but getting reliable talent in the door and staying has been difficult recently. It feels like we're constantly training.

Cons

The organization is so big, communication can be lax.

Advice to Management

Be better organized. Communicate more with your subordinates. Don't be afraid to hand off responsibilities.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. A challenging work place.

Current Employee - Tax Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Tax Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at CBS Corp

Pros

the management is extremely knowledgeable. they offer their help very willingly and entry level staff can learn much from them.

Cons

long hours of work. for entry level staff, it will be a challenge to adjust to this change.

Advice to Management

hire enough people to do the work so your employees can live a well balanced life.

2. Interesting Place to Work

Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at CBS Corp

Pros

The industry and the challenges. There is almost always something new going on and there is a lot to learn if you get or take the opportunity. You get to work with the best and the brighest in the industry - there is a tremendous amount of talent here. Employees work well together (for the most part) and are supportive of each other. The benefits are competitive, the 401(k) is awesome.

Cons

The firedrill mentality and lack of respect for personal life. There is little to no communication to employees about what is going on with the business. It seems like everthing is a secret and needs to stay in a silo. There needs to be a focus on work/life balance. The head of HR is a fairly young man with attitudes and ideas about work that are from the 1940s. There also needs to be more recognition for jobs well done. There are no programs for reward and recognition outside of the ususal merit processes which is surprising given how most large companies operate.

Advice to Management

Wake up and start appreciating what the people that really do the work are doing.