CBS Outdoor
www.cbsoutdoor.com Fairfield, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good place to work if you are a beginner or an ex-football player

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

ProsIt's the largest media company in the world, which will look good on your resume. It's a good place to start out if you are right out of school to gain some experience or if you are an ex-football player needing a job.

ConsThe cons outweigh the pros by a long shot! It's not a good place to transfer too if you have any real world experience. I felt like I had to dumb myself down to work here. They didn't seem to value my experience at all. I think they hired me simply so they didn't have to train me. They didn't seem to care that they weren't doing things to the same level as the other companies in their industry. I worked a minimum of 10 hours a day in order to get everything done that needed to be done, but was never recognized for it. They seem to hire a lot of family members, friends, men and ex-ball players and favor them over the other employees. There were employees who dressed and spoke inappropriately, but no action was ever taken when they were complained about. The CEO Wally is a major hot head. On more than one occasion he was yelling so loud on the phone and to other employees that the whole office could hear him and made us all very uncomfortable. Very unprofessional.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet up to date. Start taking notice of your good employees and stop favoring the men, the family members and the ball-players. In fact, stop hiring them at all! Pay people what they are worth. Take care of your hard working employees. Stop criticizing the little things and start taking action against those who deserve to be reprimanded, no matter how long they have been there.

Great Short Term

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Sterling Heights, MI

I have been working at CBS Outdoor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Competitive base salary and good benefits. Sales people have a lot… Cons: You must be driven and aggressive. It's kind of like a… Advice to Senior Management: Need to throw a bone out there once in a… More

Bitter, not appreciated for many 65 hour plus work weeks. Learned Alot............

Sales Executive/Real Estate Management (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CBS Outdoor

Pros: Ability to work, at your own speed, Mgmt did… Cons: Passed on promoting from within, Brought in new employees to fill senior positions, when positions were given to… Advice to Senior Management: Upper management in various divisions are getting kickbacks from Vendors, I would not play along and that is why I was terminated. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on CBS Outdoor.

Worked for CBS Outdoor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CBS Outdoor reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CBS Outdoor CEO Wally C. Kelly. All reviews posted anonymously by CBS Outdoor employees.