CBS Outdoor

www.cbsoutdoor.com
  www.cbsoutdoor.com
There are newer employer reviews for CBS Outdoor

Good place to work if you are a beginner or an ex-football player

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at CBS Outdoor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's the largest media company in the world, which will look good on your resume. It's a good place to start out if you are right out of school to gain some experience or if you are an ex-football player needing a job.

Cons

The cons outweigh the pros by a long shot! It's not a good place to transfer too if you have any real world experience. I felt like I had to dumb myself down to work here. They didn't seem to value my experience at all. I think they hired me simply so they didn't have to train me. They didn't seem to care that they weren't doing things to the same level as the other companies in their industry. I worked a minimum of 10 hours a day in order to get everything done that needed to be done, but was never recognized for it. They seem to hire a lot of family members, friends, men and ex-ball players and favor them over the other employees. There were employees who dressed and spoke inappropriately, but no action was ever taken when they were complained about. The CEO Wally is a major hot head. On more than one occasion he was yelling so loud on the phone and to other employees that the whole office could hear him and made us all very uncomfortable. Very unprofessional.

Get up to date. Start taking notice of your good employees and stop favoring the men, the family members and the ball-players. In fact, stop hiring them at all! Pay people what they are worth. Take care of your hard working employees. Stop criticizing the little things and start taking action against those who deserve to be reprimanded, no matter how long they have been there.

37 Other Employee Reviews for CBS Outdoor (View Most Recent)

Great Short Term

Current Employee - Account Executive in Sterling Heights, MI
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Sterling Heights, MI

I have been working at CBS Outdoor full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive base salary and good benefits.
    Sales people have a lot of flexibility and freedom as long as you perform.

Cons

You must be driven and aggressive.
    It's kind of like a never ending sprint, it gets old.

Need to throw a bone out there once in a while.

Bitter, not appreciated for many 65 hour plus work weeks. Learned Alot............

Current Employee - Sales Executive/Real Estate Management in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive/Real Estate Management in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CBS Outdoor

Pros

Ability to work, at your own speed, Mgmt did not breath down your neck very often.

Cons

Passed on promoting from within, Brought in new employees to fill senior positions, when positions were given to other new employee's, after positioned employees with 4 plus years was promised to proven ermployees with great track/sales record.

Upper management in various divisions are getting kickbacks from Vendors, I would not play along and that is why I was terminated. They need better Cost Control Management, spend some money, Mr. Kelly on good cost accountants, and better internal accounting controls..... Bonus system is outdated, and should be better paid to performance.. I have alot of other comments, that would help build respect between Upper Mgmt. to the hourly employee. It's not always about $$$, it's about the respect you show your TEAM.

There are newer employer reviews for CBS Outdoor