CBS

www.cbs.com
  www.cbs.com
There are newer employer reviews for CBS

If you are an intern, please apply in SF

Current Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Bridgewater, NJ
Current Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Bridgewater, NJ

I have been working at CBS as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Get to meet really nice people.

Cons

As an intern you don't receive as much attention as you should and thus you get limited amount of work and sometimes even boring.

135 Other Employee Reviews for CBS (View Most Recent)

Intern on morning show

Former Employee - News Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - News Intern in New York, NY

I worked at CBS as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Anchors were incredibly welcoming and nice. If you got up early enough, you can help out on the live taping. Free stuff from time to time. I received a lot of movies that hadn't even come out on dvd yet! Broadcast assistants were very helpful and kind.

Cons

Given assignments that had nothing to do with news. i.e. pick up a gift card for someone in the offices birthday or get movie tickets for a client. Some of the producers weren't as welcoming as the anchors. I would always greet them in the morning and received nothing but a head nod in return. It's hard to actually get a good experience unless you come in early.

In the beginning, please tell us about the opportunity of coming in early to help out on the show. All of us didn't realize we could until about a month into it! I understand we're temporary but maybe you could have given us a little something to say goodbye and thanks for our "help" (I put it in quotations because our assistance was only needed in meaningless tasks). And please! PLEASE PLEASE! be a little kinder to us! There was one woman who was so incredibly rude to us that it made the day so unpleasant! I must say though, the three anchors were a really great group of people and always had a warm smile and asked us how we were doing every morning. It's the little things...

Current Employee

I have been working at CBS full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

great co-workers and support staff

Cons

limited opportunity to move up in the company

There are newer employer reviews for CBS