A very divided environment

Current Employee - Sales Manager  in  West Palm Beach, FL
Current Employee - Sales Manager in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at CBS Radio

Pros

Good Benefits, time off, Company has a solid reputation from its TV visibility

Cons

Lack of accountability from any department. Everyone acts like they are in enemy camps and the client suffers in the end. Ads don't run, copy is wrong, accounting leaves orders on desks that need more information and don't tell the sales people. Usually this is on purpose. They then leave them to explain the inexplicable reasons to their client as to why their commercials are not airing or wrong or promotions are not occurring as promised.

Show some leadership and start making people accountable to the client! Respect your sales employees as professionals not package schleppers. Give sales initiatives more than 5 minutes to see if they work before moving on to another equally useless effort. The sky is not falling everyday! Automotive sales week anyone?

Other Reviews for CBS Radio

Rollercoaster ride, annual management changes and commission structure changes

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at CBS Radio

Pros

If you work hard, and hit your numbers, you have a lot of freedom

Cons

If you are not hitting your numbers be prepared to be majorly micro-managed. Charge back policy is B.S. If client doesn't pay company in 90 days, they take the commission back from you.

Have a consistent postive message, rather than concentrating on the negative. Postively motivate rather than motivating by saying, "If you don't hit your budget, we lower your commission" Make positive goals.

I had fun, my confidence was boosted but training was insufficient.

Former Employee - Intern  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Intern in Houston, TX

I worked at CBS Radio

Pros

Fun atmosphere, free perks, unsupervised, & not micromanaged.

Cons

Training was insufficient, it cost me my job. People seem to leave/transfer to other departments ( in droves) every time new managers are placed. I know now to fear the words" reorganize the department."

Invest in training. People that fear losing their jobs to incoming personnel will needlessly sabotage new personnel.

There are newer employer reviews for CBS Radio.

Worked for CBS Radio? Contribute to the Community!