CBS Radio

www.cbsradio.com

Friendly environment...however, Interns are basically used as a way for the company to get out of paying employees.

Promotions (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

Pros-Friendly & approachable staff
- Gain an "in" with the radio industry, if you are pursuing a career in Radio
- Some promotional events can be fun, and sometimes you can receive free giveaways
- Chance to meet on air-personalities

Cons- Events can be tedious, and sometimes take place in adverse weather conditions
- Often times interns are expected to find their own transportation to events that take place all over Illinois, and sometimes Indiana..this internship ended up costing me a lot of $$!
- Little chance to really build or hone any applicable skills (basically anyone could perform the job)
- Working with heavy equipment that is often broken or damaged
- There is little incentive to continue on with the company beyond an internship because they only hire on part-time promotional coordinators, and the pay is EXTREMELY low.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay the promotional department adequately as the staff puts in a great deal of effort, and carry a lot of responsibility. Don't simply use interns as free labor, provide them with opportunities to advance beyond simply providing hands for event set-up and passing out radio merchandise. Provide interns with a stipend for travel expenses, as more often than not interns must find their own transport to events!

Challenging, great earning potential

Account Executive (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at CBS Radio full-time for more than a year

Pros: Solid earning potential, flexible work environment, control your own success Cons: Cold-calling. You HAVE to work hard to do well. Advice to Senior Management: Well done Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Environment

Account Executive (Current Employee) Fairfax, VA

I have been working at CBS Radio as an intern for less than a year

Pros: - Fun environment - Gain networking skills - college credit for internship Cons: - cold calling - cold calling Advice to Senior Management: Add other aspects to the internship besides cold calling the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on CBS Radio.

Worked for CBS Radio? Contribute to the Community!