There are newer employer reviews for CCA Industries

Would not recommend working here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  East Rutherford, NJ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Rutherford, NJ

I have been working at CCA Industries

Pros

This is a strong company that has the opportunity for huge growth. They have good products and good workers in place.

Cons

There is no opportunity for growth at this company. They continually hire outside people that management thinks is the savior to the department but they last a few months. Pay is well below average and there has been a salary freeze for at least 3 years. Managment is unprofessional and borderline abusive. Majority of employees are miserable and are only there because the econemy is making it impossible to leave.

Annual reviews reviews would be helpful, even if there is a salary freeze. Most employees would like to know where they are excelling and where they need to improve.

11 Other Employee Reviews for CCA Industries (View Most Recent)

Not a good fit.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  East Rutherford, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Rutherford, NJ

I worked at CCA Industries

Pros

Stable work hours and summer hours where applicable.

Cons

I was not given a clear sense of my duties the whole time I was there. My immediate supervisor was at times rude, obnoxious, arrogant and wanted to always be recognized by upper management. That person's superior recognized these traits and never did a thing to manage this behavior. Communication within the department was always poor. Everyone, even the owners, seem to very much dislike being there.

Create teams that can use TQM modules to overcome cost inefficiencies and give a sense of empowerment thus providing some positive feedback. Budget employee growth through allowing seminar attendances to various programs to stimulate awareness.

Don;';t bleive anything managemnt tells you.

Current Employee - Marketing Management  in  East Rutherford, NJ
    Current Employee - Marketing Management in East Rutherford, NJ

I have been working at CCA Industries

Pros

Opportunity to to work on a variety of personal care products, from concept to final print or braodcast production. the products are well-known brands: Plus White Toothpaste in the teeth-whitening category, competing with Arm & Hammer products; Plus White Teech Whittening Gel competing with Procter and Gambles teeth whitenning strips; Mega-T diet products, and Mega-T Green Tea Chewing Gum; Denise Austin Kin Care, a largbe line of skin care products endoresed by fitness guru, Denise Austin, and made with the powerful green tea anti-oxidents that have been poven to rejuviate skin cells; Plus many other niche products such as Bikini Zone for eliminating razor bums around a woman's bikini line. If you are a self starter, then you have an opportunity to create valuable case histories for your resume.

Cons

An company where you constantly have to watch your back. for whatever reason, CCA Industire attracts highly unstable personalities who are desperately g trying to hold on to thie job. thsese are people who have failed often in previous job. They will do whatever they have to do to hold on to this one, including undermining you if they think you are in their way. With this turmoil constaning in the working environment at CCA, along with top management that for lack of a better work, is bi-polar, it's ojly a matter of time when you run out of time at CCA and are fired.

Senior management is not going to accept any advice. However, if they would, my advice would be to quit being so manipulative and devious with yoru staff. Fear isn't the only way to keep employess working for the good of the corporation, although I know that's as mangemtn technique used at other companies I know of. Evenutally, if you have establlished a repuutation like CCA Industire has for completely screwing over everyone who has ever takien a staff position there (except for a very, very few, whjo predominately are women), the pool of compenent people who you can employ dindles fast. This is what has ahoppened at CCA Industires due to its management style

There are newer employer reviews for CCA Industries

Worked for CCA Industries? Contribute to the Community!