CCC Information Services

There are newer employer reviews for CCC Information Services

CCC Information Services has good and bad points

Former Employee - Regional Accounts Manager in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Regional Accounts Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at CCC Information Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of talented people. Mostly friendly

Cons

Good old boy club will get you canned

Stop letting the old sales guys ruin peoples careers.

101 Other Employee Reviews for CCC Information Services (View Most Recent)

A PERVerse distortion of a once great company

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at CCC Information Services full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

To be fair, I rated the company based on my AVERAGE perceptions during the many years I worked there, not just my final impressions of the last year or so.

Casual dress code, WFH was nice. Decent looking office, kind of lofty, and open.

Long term disability.

Layoff compensation was great for long time employees. It was a good place to be hired, but an even better place from which to be layed off actually, because of the generous severance package.

Leaving CCC was a much better experience than working there (but I'll chalk this up in the pro column anyway). Almost anyone who left CCC found employment quickly, and with much better companies.

Some of the best and brightest people I have ever worked with were layed off from CCC, both at technologist levels, and at the management level.

A very constructive and necessary step, the CTO has finally been fired. Unfortunately it is too late to reverse the grievous damage that was done in the months he was able to cling to power.

Cons

Morale is the worst it has been in 20 years. A highly toxic stew of angst and desperation, which has degenerated exponentially since 2010.

While CCC does have a tendency to groom talented employees, unfortunately they never are able to retain that talent for themselves! They have either driven them away through attrition, or they lay them off.

Still, employees hired by the outgoing CTO might try to remain. It could taint the organization going forward unless something is done soon to terminate their employment, along with the outgoing CTO. All remnants of this CTO's regime should be expunged quickly, if the organization is ever to recover from what it has gone through. There is a chance that the outgoing CTO may take his locusts with him though to strip some other company, and these mass firings may not have to occur. We will have to wait and see.

I witnessed accounts (and heard accounts) where middle managers literally walked out without even giving the customary 2 weeks notice. This as a sign of extreme distress within the company.

It was very creepy and surreal to witness the CTO and his number one operate in a corporate setting. The CTO giggles uncontrollably, and often at inappropriate times. His number one has zero charisma, or negative charisma if that is even possible. Neither are cogent communicators, nor can they relay a plan to their managers that makes any sense to anyone. Overall, they demonstrate a very inappropriate executive presence, to put it as kindly as I can. I would find it highly improbable if I was in the minorty on this observation.

It is my opinion that mass layoffs should continue just one more quarter. But they should instead be directed at the now unprotected pawns of the outgoing regime. Without the CTO there to protect them, they are exposed and vulnerable to being compared on level ground with actual CCC employees. The comparison will not be favorable, and in the stark light of day, the purge will be an organic and natural process.

Overall, CCC was a good place to work that gave me good experiences furthering my career growth

Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CCC Information Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Paid for training and my certification
    I was mostly able to maintain a decent work / life balance
    They had a good review process and focus on me and what I wanted to do

Cons

Was beginning to outsource more and with little value for subject matter experts
    I reported to a manager from a different discipline who didn't always understand what my job entailed

There are newer employer reviews for CCC Information Services