There are newer employer reviews for CCMC

Company doesn't know what to do with troubled communities

Former Employee - Community Manager  in  Houston, TX
Former Employee - Community Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at CCMC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pays for professional liscenses and all required continuing education. Great corporate office support in Accounting, HR, AP, A/R. Expanding at very fast rate, almost too fast due to excellent relationships with developers and business acumen of Division Presidents. Excellent compensation. Community Managers have a lot of freedom to pay employees adequate wages. Cannot attest to corporate office compensation but Community Managers are paid well and the Community Manager is the biggest decision maker in what their operations employees are paid, so any complaint from other reviewers about pay need not be directed at Corporate office but to the Community Manager. Very good insurance, 25% match on 401k. Good opportunity to move around the country.

Cons

VP's are the Regional Operations Directors and are spread WAY too thin. Cannot maintain adequate connection to all communities and do not provide enough support to Community Managers. No corporate game plan to deal with troubled communities, those with major issues out of the control of management. Community Managers are then left to their own devices rain or shine. As the VP's are spread too thin, when problems arise, they do not have the time to assist and so out of self preservation, and being the sole connection between the Community Manager and upper management, they are forced to misrepresent the situation to upper management. As stated above they are expanding maybe too rapidly and the pressure is all on the Regional VP's. Not enough employee connection events. In time with company there was only one employee event, an hour of appetizers and a couple of drinks at a restaurant. Know that if you are hired as a CM, you are on your own. 98% of communities were acquired in development phase and because of this they are able to set operations up for success right from the start but unless the issue is addressed, the have no business bringing on troubled or existing communites because they dont know how to deal with them.

Do not spread VP's so thin. Develop specific game plan for dealing with existing troubled communities, and train VP's in this methodology. In Community Management there will always be these communities. Don't just automatically take on the business, evaluate whether they can ever be successful or successful enough.

11 Other Employee Reviews for CCMC (View Most Recent)

Don't Waste Your Time

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Ashburn, VA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Ashburn, VA

I worked at CCMC full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are no Pros to this company

Cons

Worked for slave wages. Took over for an absent community manager (for nearly 4 months). Never gave me an increase in hourly rate even though I was running the property completely alone. Offered me a bonus to stay on after the community manager was let go. After I turned in my resignation, they failed to honor their commitment to me and refused to give me the very small bonus.

Take some management training classes and honor your commitments.

Very good

Current Employee - Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at CCMC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of training and development

Cons

Job uncertainty for lower level.

There are newer employer reviews for CCMC

Worked for CCMC? Contribute to the Community!