Mechanical Engineer

Current Contractor - Mechanical Engineer in Minneapolis, MN
Current Contractor - Mechanical Engineer in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at CCSI as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working for CCSI INC for more than a year as a contractor. I am always able to get a hold of my representative and they placed me at a great company

Cons

I have no problems with CCSI INC. I hope the job goes direct

Other Employee Reviews for CCSI

True Scum

Former Employee - Recruiter in Stratham, NH

I worked at CCSI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

better than collecting welfare they like to eat wings and drink

Cons

everything low salary low commission bad benefits office sucks- toilets don't work but the one down the road at bk does/computers are slow the less work you do the more they give you - then take it back, cut you commissions, benefits ect.... at one point they paid the cleaning kids people more money than employees they don't have the right insurance to place contractors in medical research and plants - they like to cut corners a lot of employees "like" each other.. some say they might be having children together

Advice to Management

shove it

Was fun but challenging

Former Employee - Recruiter in Stratham, NH

I worked at CCSI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great location, nice co-workers and a great Alumni Group. Most employees got along really well and still keep in touch with each other. Senior people really helped the new people out, they mentored new employees well and some still do. Used to get rewards cards for winning contests.

Cons

Low margin MSP model made it really hard to make money. The environment changed while I was there, in the beginning fun and a good amount of support, when some of the senior people left the environment changed drastically. After that, no support, no senior people, everyone was out for themselves, they all hid behind closed doors in meetings to talk about staff. No benefits to contractors, makes it real hard to get good people to put on jobs while other firms offer them. No 401k for anyone. By the time I left everyone was leaving.

Advice to Management

Get out of the MSP business, low margin, no reward.. Get your Account Managers out making sales calls, not watching websites. What are you paying them to do? I've never seen people get rewarded more for doing less than Account Managers at CCSI. Offer benefits to your contractors, set up a 401k for your employees. Do things that make people want to stay there. Figure out why so many senior people have left (I think most have told you why), those people did a great job but are doing them now for other companies now instead of you. Get some values, re-establish a culture and make it a place people want to work again.