CDC

There are newer employer reviews for CDC

Great internship experience!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at CDC as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The branch I interned with had a great environment and my bosses were really flexible with my hours (which I heard is not the case in all areas). They also wanted to help me develop as a public health professional and gave me the freedom to work independently under limited guidance with an open door policy. I started by assisting a project and then was assigned my own project. I learned how to collect data from different databases and practice/improve my data analysis skills. Overall, great experience! Another great thing is that the cubicles actually have doors on them so you get your own privacy unlike other cubicles.

Cons

Sitting in cubicles can get a bit distracting if your neighbors are loud.
There was a current hiring freeze so unfortunately the internship did not lead into a full time position.

120 Other Employee Reviews for CDC (View Most Recent)

Although it is government, it should be managed like a business with standardized policies and not based on the center.

Current Employee - Epidemiologist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Epidemiologist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CDC

Pros

Good benefits, flexible work environment, and wide range health issues that they address.

Cons

It can be a politically environment, especially depending on the political party that holds the presidency. The politics can hinder your ability to do your work and meet needs of the public.

There needs to be a better way to evaluate managers and soon-to-be managers. There should be 360 evaluation system.

Excellent.

Former Employee - Public Health Specialist in Jamaica, NY
    Former Employee - Public Health Specialist in Jamaica, NY

I worked at CDC

Pros

Amazing educational experience. Involved with programs and initiatives that have a direct reflection of the public's growing needs.

Cons

Contractors did not have job security.

Those who work in field stations have a better grasp on dealing with the public than those stationed in headquarters and she should be recognized for that interaction.

There are newer employer reviews for CDC