There are newer employer reviews for CDC

Postdoc

Current Contractor - ORISE Postdoctoral Fellow in Atlanta, GA
Current Contractor - ORISE Postdoctoral Fellow in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CDC as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Once I was place with the right people, it became an excellent work environment. Very nice people, relaxed environment. They strive to make you better and help you reach your goals. I actually liked it but that was not where I wanted to be in my career.

Cons

Working with the little people and big egos... but you can get around this. Be very proactive about your career and management will work with you to help you gain the most knowledge you can possibly get.

None - You Rocked!!

reviews filtered by
  1. Excellent federal organization that has strict professionalism Standard Operating Procedures(SOPs)

Former Employee - Human Resource Officer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Human Resource Officer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at CDC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Besides excellent pay, the level of professionals working in the organization is a big plus.

Cons

Strict management rules and security measures.

Settle down. Workers are more professional and work ethics are higher than you think.

2. Great place to work at

Former Employee - Orise Fellow in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Orise Fellow in Atlanta, GA

I worked at CDC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

competent people, diverse projects, laid back, relaxed, opportunities for travel domestically as well as internationally, and many opportunities for learning through CDC University and other training programs and workshope.

Cons

A lot of uncertainty around projects, positions and programs due to funding issues arising from budget cuts. Although generally people are very friendly there is this underlying tension between groups/divisions for limited funding.

Keep the uncertainty at the minimum and take employees into confidence regarding changes.

There are newer employer reviews for CDC