CDCNews

Was Better

Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant
Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant

I have been working at CDCNews

Pros

It can be a fun environment. They have good benefits and are supportive of family situations. I do believe they have the best product in there field and the editorial department is great to work with. It is a 40 hour work week and you can have some flexibility with your schedule when needed. Money is ok but you will never get rich. They use a letter group so at least in the regions you are fairly judged and have a relatively equal chance.

Cons

They are constantly changing commission plans and this year have even change quota's several times. There is no way to make the money that was indicated when first hired unless you are in a select territories. They keep taking away opportunities to make sales such as internet leads or add ons to existing customers. Though they are positive in new sales they are still punishing there sales department because revenues are down because of lost renewals. The main sales department is hunter only and is not tasked or compensated for renewals. No salary base pay increase ever even when cost of insurance etc go up. Longevity and loyalty mean nothing or meeting and exceeding goals each year. The only thing that maters is what you sold today and last month.

Try to be be more positive to sales staff. Look for ways to reward instead of punish. If you drive off all you experience people then were will you be. You are starting to act like a turn and burn car dealership instead of a company that wants long term sales people that will grow relationships that produce continued sales growth.

28 Other Employee Reviews for CDCNews (View Most Recent)

Lots of money to be made if you take selling seriously and you are driven ..

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Orlando, FL

I have been working at CDCNews

Pros

Unlimited income potential, commission is paid upwards of 45% on each sale. Great tools and resources offered to you. Management cares about the team and their needs.

Cons

Sometimes you may deal with unqualified prospects but you can simply just disqualify and move on.

More companywide events or opportunities to meet the members of other offices.

Excellent opportunity for a fairly small area and not much high paying companies!

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Vero Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Vero Beach, FL

I have been working at CDCNews

Pros

The managers are amazing and get down to the point. As a sales person I know that I must make sales to keep my job and make the money I want to be happy. The managers are very good at keeping me informed of my stats and help in anyway possible to be successful. They give us all the tools and resources to be successful.
    Benefits for this area are amazing. PPO health insurance, vision and dental. Health club membership reimbursement. Best of all amazing work life balance Monday-Friday 8-5 work schedule.

Cons

Not much of a corporate or company culture. I've been with company a year and still not sure what our culture is.
    401K is not matched. Sick, personal time not paid although draw is available but have to repay.

There are newer employer reviews for CDCNews