Good experience with CDI

Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst  in  San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I worked at CDI full-time for less than a year

Pros

The representatives I dealt with were always polite and professional, I was impressed with their on-boarding process which was highly automated and efficient although a bit lengthy (but that is not their fault, rules and regulations)

Cons

This was a contract position, after I started working I rarely heard from anyone at CDI, which isn't really a bad thing except when the contract ended I would have liked more follow through to see if they could place me on another contract.

Keep up the good work but try to build a more lasting relationship with your contractors.

Other Reviews for CDI

All I can say "it's slightly better than being unemployed"

I have been working at CDI part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work with very bright fellow employees, so far work has been steady.

Cons

Having never been a contractor I expected CDI to be an advocate for me, how naive. Upper management cuts hours whenever they want the numbers to look better. Every person who is conected with this company worries that you will have your hours cut be forced to take an unpaid furlough, or just let go no matter how hard you work or how well you do the job. CDI cares nothing about their contractors. The benefits are a joke, I found better plan searching the web. They dangle better compensation and employee status like a carrot just out of reach.

Stop the pretense that you give a "rat's ass" about any of us. We are alone, we have no support from you or any other member of the actual CDI team.

Hanging on despite itself

I have been working at CDI full-time

Pros

The biggest asset that CDI has is its people, and that is why many long-term employees stick around. I enjoy working with my team, and if I ever left CDI, I'd miss them.

Cons

Working at CDI is like being an ingredient in a stir-fry recipe. The same ingredients get mixed together in different ways, depending on who is in charge and the great idea du jour, and those recipes look different, but in the end, you still have the same ingredients.

The company will not invest appropriately in the necessary back-office infrastructure, nor in a big enough workforce so we aren't all getting burned out.

CDI is penny-wise and dollar foolish. The tuition reimbursement program is so stingy that it might as well not exist. Merit increases, although welcome for those who get them, are small and late.

Invest in back office systems. For a company known in part for technology staffing, our own technology is woefully inadequate.

There are newer employer reviews for CDI.

Worked for CDI? Contribute to the Community!