CDI @ Siemens Energy

Former Contractor - Administrative Assistant in Charlotte, NC
Former Contractor - Administrative Assistant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at CDI as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Weekly pay, ease of use of field glass, onsite rep, good hourly rate.

Cons

It can be hard to work at a place but not actually be their employee. You are excluded from training and bonus opportunities. If you prefer to keep your commitments light, then its for you. Siemens tends to keep contractors long term without hiring them permanently.

Advice to Management

It would be helpful if you kept in more regular contact with your employees, even when they are placed in a large organization.

Other Employee Reviews for CDI

Positive when handled as company committed to people and who valued employees.

Pros

There is no positive reason to work at this company any longer. Unless you hail from Dallas don't waste your time.

Cons

CEO has best friend in top HR position. People & knowledge mean little. Nothing done on behalf of employees any longer and treatment of same is unkind.

Advice to Management

Advice to board is stop looking the other way. Numbers are met only by getting rid of people, cutting raises and furloughs. You don't however, cut expenses for the top execs. How long can this company hold on? Someone needs to step up and look out for the people who work there in good faith.

All I can say "it's slightly better than being unemployed"

I have been working at CDI part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work with very bright fellow employees, so far work has been steady.

Cons

Having never been a contractor I expected CDI to be an advocate for me, how naive. Upper management cuts hours whenever they want the numbers to look better. Every person who is conected with this company worries that you will have your hours cut be forced to take an unpaid furlough, or just let go no matter how hard you work or how well you do the job. CDI cares nothing about their contractors. The benefits are a joke, I found better plan searching the web. They dangle better compensation and employee status like a carrot just out of reach.

Advice to Management

Stop the pretense that you give a "rat's ass" about any of us. We are alone, we have no support from you or any other member of the actual CDI team.