CDI

There are newer employer reviews for CDI

CDI @ Siemens Energy

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at CDI as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Weekly pay, ease of use of field glass, onsite rep, good hourly rate.

Cons

It can be hard to work at a place but not actually be their employee. You are excluded from training and bonus opportunities. If you prefer to keep your commitments light, then its for you. Siemens tends to keep contractors long term without hiring them permanently.

It would be helpful if you kept in more regular contact with your employees, even when they are placed in a large organization.

150 Other Employee Reviews for CDI (View Most Recent)

Positive when handled as company committed to people and who valued employees.

I worked at CDI

Pros

There is no positive reason to work at this company any longer. Unless you hail from Dallas don't waste your time.

Cons

CEO has best friend in top HR position. People & knowledge mean little. Nothing done on behalf of employees any longer and treatment of same is unkind.

Advice to board is stop looking the other way. Numbers are met only by getting rid of people, cutting raises and furloughs. You don't however, cut expenses for the top execs. How long can this company hold on? Someone needs to step up and look out for the people who work there in good faith.

Hanging on despite itself

I have been working at CDI full-time

Pros

The biggest asset that CDI has is its people, and that is why many long-term employees stick around. I enjoy working with my team, and if I ever left CDI, I'd miss them.

Cons

Working at CDI is like being an ingredient in a stir-fry recipe. The same ingredients get mixed together in different ways, depending on who is in charge and the great idea du jour, and those recipes look different, but in the end, you still have the same ingredients.

The company will not invest appropriately in the necessary back-office infrastructure, nor in a big enough workforce so we aren't all getting burned out.

CDI is penny-wise and dollar foolish. The tuition reimbursement program is so stingy that it might as well not exist. Merit increases, although welcome for those who get them, are small and late.

Invest in back office systems. For a company known in part for technology staffing, our own technology is woefully inadequate.

There are newer employer reviews for CDI