There are newer employer reviews for CDS Global

CDS Global has been the most stressful job I have ever had.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boone, IA
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boone, IA

I have been working at CDS Global

Pros

The best benefit about working at CDS Global is the flexibility of the hours. I like having the ability to go to an appointment or attending my child's school activities.

Cons

I have been very dissatisfied with the work environment every since the Boone office has taken on all the Red Oak magazines. We have had to double our work load, knowledge and skills with no compensation. As a result our personal stats have decreased greatly, but yet we are still expected to meet company statistics. We were also not given the proper training to take on all the new magazines until several months after we had been taking the calls. CDS is continuing to accept new clients and we do not have enough employees to handle all the calls.

I was very disappointed to find out that CDS had increased the base hire rate to $11- therefore giving all employees under the base pay a raise. This decision to give the employees a raise who had not previously earned their raise showed me that the employees that had previously met the expectation are not appreciated. Each employee at CDS has contributed to the success of the Boone office, yet we get no compansation for our hard work.

The rules and policies need to be the same for all employees in all departments.

reviews filtered by
  1. This is a company going through change, but going at it head on to land on the other side in a positive way.

Current Employee - Manager in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Manager in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at CDS Global

Pros

Great benefits, friendly co-workers, good for families. Leader in the world of fulfillment is taking business from competitors.

Cons

Industry of print magazine is in an extreme downturn. This has affected CDS as a company. With ad revenue down magazines are shutting down. The small company feel of the past has been replaced with more of a corporate feel. Annual raises have been taken away at this point in time.

I would recomment making everyone feel as comfortable as possible until this bad ecconomy has the dust settle.

2. CDS Global is a great place to work! There are so many seasoned employees who have been there for 15+ years.

Current Employee - Training in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Training in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at CDS Global

Pros

My boss is great. My boss has high expectations but is very fair and treats everyone with respect. My boss understands the importance of coaching employees and providing projects for employees that match their strengths. From my perspective communication within the organization is very good. Of course there are some areas in the organization who want to shut themselves in and are not willing to share ideas or collaborate, but overall the company does very well. CDS Global does a great job of allowing employees flexibility to deal with any personal life issues as well.

Cons

Other companies may pay slightly higher salaries for similar work. That is all.

Be careful of who is promoted to leadership positions. There are some major jerks who are in leadership positions, and that models to other employees that being a jerk is a good way to get promoted. Most people leave companies because of their bosses, not because of the company itself.

There are newer employer reviews for CDS Global