CDSS
www.cdss.ca.gov Sacramento, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Very low pay for a lot of responsibility.

Personal Care Provider (Former Employee)
San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at CDSS

ProsYou get to interact with your client on a very personal level. You aren't always stuck in one place dong the same thing all day. Driving around, running errands, etc, breaks the monotony of the job.

ConsA very high level of personal responsibility to your client for a very low rate of pay, especially when compared to similar, privatized local jobs. Based on some client's needs, you spend most of your days and even some evenings with them. The hours aren't as flexible as you may initially be led to believe.

Advice to Senior ManagementCheck in with your employees and clients once in a while. You may be surprised at what you learn. Half of your employees don't even show up for their assignments and some of their clients are simply splitting the employee's paychecks with them. The state is being bilked in this way more often than not.

No growth

I have been working at CDSS part-time

Pros: make own hours and very flexible Cons: No raises and subject to cut hours due to state… Advice to Senior Management: give reviews of workers No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

My life is richer, more colorful.

In Home Protective Services Agent (Current Employee)

I have been working at CDSS as a contractor for more than 10 years

Pros: Compassionate people sharing respect, dignity and hope for those struggling… Cons: pay is low, the hours are long, travel time can… Advice to Senior Management: Support your contract workers by being available and supportive. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on CDSS.

Worked for CDSS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CDSS reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CDSS CEO Douglas D. Park. All reviews posted anonymously by CDSS employees.