CDW

www.cdw.com
  www.cdw.com
There are newer employer reviews for CDW

Not the same, but not bad

I have been working at CDW

Pros

great people to work with. if you're interested in technology at all you'll learn by force of habit one way or the other. If you're smart (meaning you're willing to learn) if you pay attention to the people that know their stuff and learn from them AND you're willing to work hard you can make some serious coin.

Cons

being in sales in general is enough to make you want to hit your head against the wall. This is a seriously competitive environment. If you let the recruiters sell you on the job you're going to be really upset. To them, everyone's a millionaire here. That's few and far between. You're going to run into managers that don't help, or are totally useless. Baptism by fire is a pretty common occurance.

do us all a favor? stop LYING! dear LORD! don't say that you've made some massive change in account bases and then tell us it's for OUR benefit! that's like letting us spend a lot of time and care growing a beautiful lawn, and once we know that all we need to do is keep it watered and cleaned that it will continue to grow, you come in rip up the lawn, give it to the new neighbors that moved in and hand us some seeds and say start over.

673 Other Employee Reviews for CDW (View Most Recent)

Great Place

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at CDW full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent Support outside of your department, Fantastic Perks, Solid Benefits, Great Networking Experience, Free Food from the vendors is always a plus. Training is superb, no micro managers

Cons

Salary is horrible, Commission is half of what others are paying, Not an Open Door policy even if they say it is, Great culture when I started but spiraling downhill since it went private.

Bring the culture back

good company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

I have been working at CDW full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

uniques culture and some opportunities

Cons

weak salary comparing to national average

meet at least national average with salaries

There are newer employer reviews for CDW