CDW

There are newer employer reviews for CDW

Okay, but

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at CDW full-time for less than a year

Pros

Training, Nice perks, Friendly environment

Cons

Lots of Cold calling, Sometimes system are not updated with correct leads

636 Other Employee Reviews for CDW (View Most Recent)

Best consulting company to work for

Current Employee - Microsoft Consultant
    Current Employee - Microsoft Consultant

I have been working at CDW full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Local model, so travel is limited. Working from home is the norm.
    Utilization and bonus targets are easy to hit, and the bench is not a four letter word.
    Work with talented engineers who are willing to help, and share information.
    Ability to specialize, so you learn a technology and you learn it well, and don't get forced into projects that are outside your skill-set.
    A culture of integrity.

Cons

Compensation is typically lower than market, however I believe this is line with the utilization targets. You could make more somewhere else, but you'd also be working 50 hour weeks, with larger and more demanding customers, and likely traveling more.
    Consultant training is limited. If expanding your skill-set would get you more work, management typically can't execute on providing training.

Create a standard system to gather information about consultant performance. Manager's give reviews based on very limited knowledge about the consultants performance.
    Demand results from the services readiness team.

Not the same, but not bad

I have been working at CDW

Pros

great people to work with. if you're interested in technology at all you'll learn by force of habit one way or the other. If you're smart (meaning you're willing to learn) if you pay attention to the people that know their stuff and learn from them AND you're willing to work hard you can make some serious coin.

Cons

being in sales in general is enough to make you want to hit your head against the wall. This is a seriously competitive environment. If you let the recruiters sell you on the job you're going to be really upset. To them, everyone's a millionaire here. That's few and far between. You're going to run into managers that don't help, or are totally useless. Baptism by fire is a pretty common occurance.

do us all a favor? stop LYING! dear LORD! don't say that you've made some massive change in account bases and then tell us it's for OUR benefit! that's like letting us spend a lot of time and care growing a beautiful lawn, and once we know that all we need to do is keep it watered and cleaned that it will continue to grow, you come in rip up the lawn, give it to the new neighbors that moved in and hand us some seeds and say start over.

There are newer employer reviews for CDW

Worked for CDW? Contribute to the Community!