CDW

www.cdw.com
  www.cdw.com
There are newer employer reviews for CDW

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Field Solution Architect
Current Employee - Field Solution Architect

I have been working at CDW full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

CDW cares about their coworkers, is a charitable organization, and is a market leader. Coworkers get access to some of the best people in the VAR business and have the opportunity to shape their own careers.

Cons

Because the company is so large, a coworker could feel disconnected or feel like just a number. There is sometimes quite a bit of turnover among the inside account managers. Also, the compensation package could be better.

Pay the solution architects more and don't require them to be too sales driven. Don't let one manufacturer steer the direction of the company more than another.

684 Other Employee Reviews for CDW (View Most Recent)

depends on your role and who you know

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at CDW full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great health benefits, good perks, smart people, well connected in the industry company is starting to get it together to compete in a more services focused sector.

Cons

Very set in their ways, once a box pusher - always a box pusher. They make everything else complicated and fragmented to sell.

Don't just look at your VAR competition when trying to change your sales approach, many smaller integrators have a solid foothold with OEMs. Learn about what the smaller outfits are doing that makes them successful and make some of those techniques your own.
    Pay your people what they deserve. You are losing quality people to partners and even competitors due to pay.

I commend CDW for making my first month such a success!

Current Employee - Field Sales Recruiter in Vernon Hills, IL
    Current Employee - Field Sales Recruiter in Vernon Hills, IL

I have been working at CDW full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I think everyone can relate to being the "new employee" after starting a new job....and it's not always the easiest! I just wrapped up my first month with CDW and I can't say enough positive about their onboarding program along with the team I was lucky enough to join. From day one I have been warmly welcomed by both leadership and my peers. My onboarding was smooth and organized and there has yet to be a time where I was left hanging so to speak. Thank you to everyone that has been a part of making my first month so great!

Cons

CDW does a great job of promoting from within, something more companies should focus on doing. I can only hope that this trend continues as it has for the past many years. Continue to train and educate your new and veteran employees alike to ensure everyones success.

There are newer employer reviews for CDW