Employee centered Organization

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Vernon Hills, IL
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Vernon Hills, IL

I have been working at CDW full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Company treats it's coworkers very well. There is a high level of respect and value placed on people, certainly more then a person finds a comparable sized company.

Cons

While most benefits are strong the 401K in particular is below the industry average.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower coworkers to make decisions and keep the organization moving at the speed a company of it's size can and should be able to move.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Amazing company to work for

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CDW full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You'll get access to unlimited training. You'll have to learn to work smart....not hard (or both). The people that work there are very personable and always willing to help. I love our leadership. There's a great work-life/home life balance. I've worked several other "jobs" in my life....at CDW this is the first time I feel like i have a career.

Cons

If you're not careful you could handcuff yourself and your career path where you don't make money. Then you'll be bitter and you'll always look for the grass being greener on the other side. Rather than focus on how well others are doing...I see people focus on what they don't have...or don't put in the effort to get where they need to get so they complain. If you want it bad enough....go get it. there's PLENTY of opportunity out there.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. You may want to find a way to help those who aren't succeeding catch up to the rest of us so we don't have turnover

2. Excellent company that supports its employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

I have been working at CDW full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility in work schedule, solid benefits in a world of shrinking benefits, team culture, excellent value-based work environment

Cons

compensation is not top tier, but decent some of management seems to have been there too long, resistent to new ideas and change

Advice to Management

work on compensation, perhaps move corporate offices to the chicago offices