CDW

www.cdw.com
  www.cdw.com
There are newer employer reviews for CDW

Small company feel in a large corporation.

Current Employee - Analyst
Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at CDW full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Management is very concerned with employee experience. Feedback is solicited on a regular basis and management does respond to both positive and negative trends. Company policy offers a flexible working environment, helping employees to achieve that elusive "work-life" balance.

Cons

Career advancement, especially outside of sales, feels limited for those working in satellite offices who cannot relocate to HQ for promotions. Salaries are low and don't seem to be adjusted for higher cost of living areas.

Stop focusing so much on metrics when evaluating employees. There is a lot of gray in between the black and white that is not reflected in the current system.

674 Other Employee Reviews for CDW (View Most Recent)

Keeping it real

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CDW full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Culture, people are down to earth and real, even thought the company is public again and revenues over 10B per year.

Cons

Still working hard to be more efficient every day, but culture is quick to make fixes.

Keep it real and keep growing...

My experience for the most part has been very positive - it's a company I'm proud to say I work for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

I have been working at CDW full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company sincerely cares about its coworkers - we have perks that other companies don't have. CDW allows many of its coworkers the ability to have a positive work/life balance which is extremely important.

Cons

Promotions and compensation shouldn't always be driven by metrics- there are coworkers who make other significant contributions to the company that aren't recognized. Also, seniority and loyalty should play into promotions. Sr. positions in PPM shouldn't be limited to Diamond partners!

See above - recognize your employees by their merits not metrics.

There are newer employer reviews for CDW