CDW

www.cdw.com

CDW Government is a great place to grow as a salesperson and a really great place to build your customer base.

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Good training, great perks, available accounts with previous spend. Great opportunities to gain additional training and certifications. CDW is very open to movement within the company or even with vendor partners.

Cons

A little bit forceful about hitting arbitrary call times and dial quotas, but it is probably for your own good.

Keep offering the best training and certification opportunities you can.

Other reviews for CDW

Work hard, play hard...

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

First job out of college that stuck and I am glad I am still here. If you put in the time, it'll eventually pay off in regards to sales. They give you so many tools to be successful that it's hard to fail if you put effort into your job. Great flexibility to move internally into new roles if you do not like the grind of sales or to another partner, unlimited income potential, great work/life balance and people to work with. Networking is key to make yourself be successful as well.

Cons

Very political when advancing up to the top, but that's expected to happen in a large company.

Don't play favorites, reward people who earn it and respect the system.

Account Manager at CDW

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

It is a great atmosphere to work in and there are a lot of free stuff from vendors. Lots of free food, shirts, and other misc. stuff. The people are also a huge plus. For the most part, everyone is always wanting you to succeed and helpful along the way. The job part is hard (maybe should be in the cons section) but worth it at the end of the day. When I started, the cold calling and outbounds in general were the toughest part of the job. I got hung up on and got “not interested right now” or “we are currently working with someone else and are happy with them” very often. While it is frustrating, if you keep working hard and stick with it, it pays off. Now I have a lot of different customers wanting to talk to me and know that when they see my number calling, they pick up because they know I have something to add value to them. I don’t make the huge $$$ or at least not yet (currently live at home if that gives you an understanding of my income) but after working here 1 1/2 years, I can see the hard work paying off. Also, there are many ways to further your career if you decide sales isn’t the best fit for you.

Cons

Sales isn’t easy and you don’t start off on the same pay structure as other sales segments. I am in the MedLar segment and I know that the Healthcare, Small Business, and Government segments have different pay structures and some are better than the others. Putting all of them on the same pay structure would level the playing field as I know that while many co-workers that have left CDW BECAUSE of the income, they would have stayed had they not been not the MedLar’s pay structure. I’m not saying everyone is entitled to make the huge bucks right out of the gate but I do know that the Government sales sector has a much more lucrative commission structure than the other segments. If all the segments had the same commission payout grid, I think turnover wouldn’t be so high.

Nothing at this time.

There are newer employer reviews for CDW.

Worked for CDW? Contribute to the Community!