CDW

Fast, fun, competitive environment

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at CDW full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Growing industry with good commission potential. Exciting opportunities and very fast paced. Always something new to learn and teams are competitive.

Cons

Low base salary compared to other sales jobs. Working in a team environment is fun and helpful but there is quite a bit of childish gossip which gets old. Customers can be taken without warning so you waste a lot of time monitoring your accounts and explaining over and over again why you deserve to keep working with your assigned customers.

Rather than meetings with the entire sales team more time could be spent coaching less tenured employees and growing them individually - the more seasoned Account Managers have large, complex projects that command most the discussion during a meeting. It's unlikely for 1 year Reps to get much out of experiences shared here or to apply advice of a manager when it doesn't pertain to them yet.

626 Other Employee Reviews for CDW (View Most Recent)

Good to start out

Current Employee - CDW Account Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - CDW Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CDW full-time for more than a year

Pros

Young, helpful environment. A lot of complainers and false information.

Cons

Established corporate company, not much room for creativity

Encourage creativity

It was a great job to gain the experience I needed out of collage

Current Employee - Government Account Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Government Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CDW full-time for more than a year

Pros

This job taught me sales strategies, how to manage a book of business, and how to become better at selling in a B2B environment. Taught me more about utilizing my resources and accessing the channel. benefits are great, and the incentives from the CDW partners are amazing.

Cons

The base pay is terrible. After one year your salary will grow but after one year commission is no longer guaranteed. The pay structure is not one you will appreciate. Getting support in a timely fashion can be really bad.

Micro management is something no one will appreciate. However if you get the right person that you report to work can be great.

There are newer employer reviews for CDW

Worked for CDW? Contribute to the Community!